Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
I was asked today on Instagram if there were any OB meets planned this summer in Sweden.

I've not seen anything here so I think I'll throw the idea out there, any OB members interested? I do know of 2 wild camp sites south of Växjö, which would be close for those travelling from Europe.

Let's discuss this and see where it leads us to.

Cheers
Todd

WalkaboutKiwi

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Göteborg Sweden
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Carr
Member #

Haha I was just about to make this post, I’m up for anything. We just bought a old expedition Patrol so we want to use it as much as possible.

Reactions: Todd Jackson

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
I to can make nearly any weekend work, Fridays might be difficult or I show up in the middle of the night. Then the last 2 weeks of Aug don't work as we are off to Norway again exploring. :smiley:

Wild camping sites are difficult to find in the very south of Sweden with the lack of forests, the one in Ryd that I'm thinking about is well rated. ....I'll provide a link to them later today.

Issac is there anything closer to the west coast?

Todd.

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Here is the camp that I think would work fine for an OB meet.

www.vildmarkscamping.se/en

Seeing that it's closer to Danmark and European countries, it would be the closest and most reasonable location for a small gathering.

Thoughts/suggestions ???

Todd.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

As much as I would like a OB Sweden meet in the Växjö area, a 2-3 day meet is out of the question for me as it's a 14 hour/1000km+ one way which means it would cost to much for me to get there.

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
As much as I would like a OB Sweden meet in the Växjö area, a 2-3 day meet is out of the question for me as it's a 14 hour/1000km+ one way which means it would cost to much for me to get there.
The place I mentioned is only at this time is a suggestion, I have no issues with driving further north. Lets see if there is interest.

Reactions: Joey83

WalkaboutKiwi

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Göteborg Sweden
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Carr
Member #

I’ve been trying to find good campsites around the borås and jönköping area, it’s still hit and miss weather we can get to them or not because of gates so I’ve got no good wildcamping sites for more than one or two cars right now. Where it is doesn’t bother me but like you say it’s hard to find camps in south Sweden.
For the dates I think we need to set a date in July, we will also be travelling Norway in August so it won’t work for me.
I’ll do some more research and see what I can find a little more north.
There’s lots of potential up near bengsfors, it’s beautiful and there’s loads of lakes so I’ll do a bit of recon one weekend in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd Jackson

Mivida

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Netherlands
First Name
Sander
Last Name
Zeedijk
Member #

We'll be driving through Sweden around 29-30-31 of July
From Sweden we'll drive to Norway.
During our way home (from Norway to NL) will be difficult to attend, this because we've booked a ferry to Denmark. (and from there we have 1-2 days to get home)

So I will follow this topic. And if it suits it suits otherwise, my loss...