St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Another meetup at Mule Expedition Outfitter's in Tualatin! Not during an open house this time so it'll just be us. From 10a-noon, hopefully we can talk as a group about what to do for future meetups. See you there!

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I'm gonna cancel this folks, I know there's several perspectives on the Coronavirus situation, but regardless I feel it best to be on the cautious side of things (especially since I have a 10mo old son with a compromised immune system and a host of other medical conditions). Hopefully all this blows over soon!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm gonna cancel this folks, I know there's several perspectives on the Coronavirus situation, but regardless I feel it best to be on the cautious side of things (especially since I have a 10mo old son with a compromised immune system and a host of other medical conditions). Hopefully all this blows over soon!
Good call @Spud.Built better to err on side of caution.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Yeah deff wise choice. Sounds like Kate is going to lock down Oregon this week anyway
What are your sources? According to every thing I can find, there isn’t a stay at home order even being thought of. I want to be proved wrong on this.

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

What are your sources? According to every thing I can find, there isn’t a stay at home order even being thought of. I want to be proved wrong on this.
It was a LEO source but like everything things are fluid. However by the looks of the thousands that flocked to the coast this weekend they will ruin it for everyone

Reactions: M Rose

trav87

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUQ
Just look at social media, the West coast is under some sort of stay at home suggestion or rule. That clearly isn't happening. These people will ruin it for everyone.

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

Just look at social media, the West coast is under some sort of stay at home suggestion or rule. That clearly isn't happening. These people will ruin it for everyone.
Yeah hwy 126 and 36 looked like summer vacation traffic this weekend.

Reactions: trav87

Sunbum

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Barbour
Member #

With people not able to use common sense, it’s only a matter of time before the stay at home order. Is traveling to the mountains considered “essential travel”? find a project you want to do and make sure you have all the parts or can get them by mail.

Reactions: trav87

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

With people not able to use common sense, it’s only a matter of time before the stay at home order. Is traveling to the mountains considered “essential travel”? find a project you want to do and make sure you have all the parts or can get them by mail.
I have been strategically stock pilling projects and parts for just this time. In fact I think I have 40 years worth now.....:tonguewink:

Reactions: Offroadnutz

trav87

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUQ
I'm pretty sure I have 1966 Mustang somewhere in the garage. Guess that means I need to clean the garage and find it, so I can start working on it again lol

Reactions: Flying pig