NW Washington Meetup - 22 AUG 2018 - Alger, WA?

• HTML tutorial

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
It's already time to start planning our next NW Washington Meetup. Based off of the poll and a number of personal conversations, it seems that during the week works well for many, so long as there is pre-planning time to arrange schedules.

So, I would like to set up our next meet for Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 7:30 PM. In the spirit of mixing up the locations, I am proposing to have the next meetup at the Alger Bar & Grill in Alger, WA.

What say you?

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

If we can make it, we will. We have some deal going on in August, but I keep forgetting when.

Speaking of forgetting, there's a lady that works at that bar that has an incredible memory. We went in one time, long time ago. Then over a year or so later we went in again. She remembered everything about the first time we were there! Not like we're very memorable people. I guess she's just like that.

Kinda' spooky.

-jim lee

Reactions: Jedi

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Thrilled someone is putting together one of these further north. Thanks Jedi! We are in Bellingham! Unfortunately, or fortunately, we will be in Long Beach at the kite festival. Hope to jump into the next one, met some great people last time I made it. You guys have a great time, cheers!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Well, Long Beach is most certainly a valid reason to miss out. The great news is that this is going to be a monthly event. I'm planning on changing up the location to spread it out across NW Washington so no one ends up driving a distance every month.

Enjoy your trip and we will see you next month!

Gabe Ergler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cle Elum, WA. USA
Member #

It's already time to start planning our next NW Washington Meetup. Based off of the poll and a number of personal conversations, it seems that during the week works well for many, so long as there is pre-planning time to arrange schedules.

So, I would like to set up our next meet for Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 7:30 PM. In the spirit of mixing up the locations, I am proposing to have the next meetup at the Alger Bar & Grill in Alger, WA.

What say you?

Hey,

Unfortunately I've got a meeting I can not avoid on Aug. 22nd.

But, I'd like you to know I am a Commissioner with the Kittitas County Parks and Recreation District #1 and if there is ever anything I might be able to help with when it comes to overlanding in Kittitas County don't hesitate to let me know.

Gabe

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I'm sorry you won't be able to make this meetup, but there WILL BE MORE! Also, thank you for the offer to help, I may just take you up on it down the road.

Jason Smith

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pacific Northwest
Member #

I might be able to make that. I’m driving down to SoCal around that time for work around same time. Schedule pending... I’ll update when I know for sure!

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

What say you?
You know, maybe you could use this as a good reason to set up your first rally point.? Rally points show up on the side bar and the member's map, then people lookin' for something local to do might see it.

-jim lee

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Wait a minute..

I see it on the side bar, but there's actually no rally point set up. I guess I don't now how this stuff is hooked together. So we're back to setting up a rally point to get it on the member's map. And into the list of rally points.

-jim lee

Uriel Ramirez

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sedro Woolley, wa
Member #

Where are we going after? Or are we just doing a meet and greet? Just asking because Alger bar and grill has a no minor policy and the family wants to come along.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
This is just a meet up, so no adventure after. I am already looking for locations for September that are more family friendly and possibly having some dirt road fun attached to it.

Railvan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Washington
Member #

Hope there is a good turnout tonight. I'm not gonna make it but I'll keep checking for the next event.