NW Overland Rally 2023

• HTML tutorial
U

UgotWheelz

I’m here in plain, Washington at Northwest Overland Rally, 2023 to curious about it check out my Instagram feed. I’ve been posting shorts and pics all day long just a small slice of the flavor of the event.

U

UgotWheelz

I knew nothing about having special spots for overlandbound members. What are the little nice to know? I posted several videos to my social media as well as pictures while at the event, and after the event I left a little early I was bored out of my mind. It didn’t seem like there was anything there to entertain me and I can make better use of my time producing content elsewhere.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Another great NWOR rally this year, Michelle and I had an awesome time, other than attending a couple of classes we really did not do much other than hang out, visited with lots of great peeps and generally relaxed. Quite a bit more wind than last year, but no rain which was a bonus. Marianne and Ray, who host the rally each year, always do a wonderful job of making sure everyone is welcome and has a great experience. This year I worked with Marianne, and they set aside almost an entire double row of camping spots reserved for Overland Bound members (We even made it onto the rally map). It was nice not to have everybody need to arrive at one time to get to camp together, members could arrive whenever they wanted to. (Wish the Overland Expo folks would do that for large groups). We met up with several members in Monroe and convoyed over together, this year there was no staging in the field, we could just go in and set up. The vendor row had a few several long time favorites missing and a few only had small displays with nothing available for sale. Mike's Custom Toys (Bush company products) and Tern Overland windows were good additions, and most of the vendors who could not make it did send a lot of goodies for the raffle (Much appreciated by all) We managed to fill over 20 sites in the OB section, and there were a few other members camping with friends elsewhere in the field, Really great turnout, and a lot of members that we had not managed to meet before, all of which we hope to see again soon.

Several members opted to go for one of the scheduled trail rides and or try their hand at the obstacle course. a couple of the guys worked hard to “out dirty” each other in the one mudhole that they managed to find on the way up to Sugarloaf Lookout.

The nightly fireside raffle is always a big hit, and several of us managed to come home with goodies from the three nights, and a big thank you to Dometic for donating the cool waterproof packing cube that Michelle came home with, however joke is really on us, because now we want three more … lol.

Sunday morning everyone began wandering homeward, we managed to find some new forest service roads running around the back of lake Wenatchee and up to the pass spending most of the afternoon finding some great waterfalls and camping sites. We did manage to get over the pass in time to get rained on and get some grub from Zeke’s before heading home.

Thank you to everyone who attended this year, you were a great group to hang out with and we look forward to next year. Thinking we might also try the Canadian version that they put on up in Merritt BC next year as well.

DJI_0591.JPG
A portion of the OB member section

1687811958242.png
Looking the other way through the OB section

20230616_200231.jpg
Clouds rolling in for the raffle but no rain!

20230617_150555.jpg

20230617_151612.jpg

20230617_145928.jpg
OB members working their way through the course

20230618_145650.jpg

20230618_135539.jpg

20230618_114331.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ray Hyland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I knew nothing about having special spots for overlandbound members. What are the little nice to know? I posted several videos to my social media as well as pictures while at the event, and after the event I left a little early I was bored out of my mind. It didn’t seem like there was anything there to entertain me and I can make better use of my time producing content elsewhere.
Teajay, sorry you did not know about the OB group camping, there was a Rally Point created back in mid Feb, and it was on the calendar and fairly active in the forums. The Rally Point tab will list all upcomming events that members have posted and is filterable by Overland Bound Region.