Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
The last 6years it has been accessable as easily as march this year probably August.... Milton resivour, lake fouchiarrie there is plenty West of 89 and way more beautiful than Boca and Prosser

OB# 3753

CO_Justin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Olivehurst, CA
Member #

Cool I'll have to check them out. Thank you. I'm from Colorado so I'm still getting used to how it is in California. Can you just camp anywhere along the road or do you need designated spots?

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Klinton Kehoe

Rank VII

Trail Blazer II

Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
Cool I'll have to check them out. Thank you. I'm from Colorado so I'm still getting used to how it is in California. Can you just camp anywhere along the road or do you need designated spots?

All those lakes have sights on the water some reserve some first come first serve. I'm. Planning a few trips this summer for the group with camping destinations. We have a cabin in Truckee so that's where I do most of my 4x4.

OB# 3753

JeniorNV

Rank 0

Contributor I

I would love the way points for those, I love that area.

OB 1466
Great info! Yes would love the gps cords for those areas....hoping to head out there a lot this coming Spring and Summer
I apologize for the delay. I was in Death Valley last weekend and am still playing forum-catchup.

Here are the GPS coords to some of the places in the Nightingale area that I mentioned. Hopefully this format works for you guys.

School buses: 40 7.8312N, 119 16.7189W (Again, use caution because the road is sometimes washed out. You can see the buses on Google Earth if you zoom in enough.)
MGL Mill: 40 2.9762N, 119 17.5301W
Dead tree forest: 39 53.3926N, 119 21.1803W (Pretty sure this is the right location...if I'm wrong, just head north toward the sand dunes. You can see the forest from the road.)
Sand dunes: 39 54.5867N, 119 20.9541W
Rock formations: 39 55.4153N, 119 22.3952W
Gibson town site: 39 55.3677N, 119 21.1198W (not much left)
Coyote Canyon arch: 39 58.0712N, 119 15.7022 (You'll have to take a dirt road north off the main road, drive to the creek bed at the end and park, and then hike up the hill that will be to the northeast. Turning around with a big group might be tricky. Watch for rattlesnakes.)
Bat mine at Nightingale: 40 0.5711N, 119 13.6629W (I think these coords are correct, but it might be a little more west...it's the mine with the big open shaft just to the south of the road. This mine shaft is unsafe...keep your dogs and small kids in the rig.)

Last edited:

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno

In most National Forest areas you can camp anywhere as long as it's not specifically prohibited. Fires are another matter.

Also, the Stampede area is still under snow. In fact, It's snowing in Reno RIGHT NOW. Wait, not now, It was 15 seconds ago though.

-M

Reactions: NV.Recon and O.Dfj