NV/CA Monthly Overland Trip

• HTML tutorial

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Will do! Always funner and safer going with others.

Right now I will be looking to do this probably Monday, April 10th, 2017.....but trying to lock up time at work and that has not been easy right now. Busy time of the year for us. I will post up later when i know for sure.

JeniorNV

Rank 0

Contributor I

Next time you guys head up there, the old school buses at the entrance of Schoolbus Canyon can be fun to visit, depending on how washed out the road is (sometimes very stock doable, sometimes rear locker/aftermarket bumpers recommended). It's kind of neat to find them because they are so far out in the middle of nowhere.

There's also an old (petrified?) forest out there that's kinda cool.

I can provide GPS coords to either of these locations if interested.

There is a lot of land in that area to explore. I've probably been out there a dozen times because I love the area and I'm always finding new stuff. I have also found some sand dunes, the remains of an old town site, an arch (which is right off of the road to Coyote Canyon), and some very cool rock formations. The mill at MGL mine is neat also. Drive far enough (and carry enough extra gas) and there a couple big playas as well.

Nightingale Mine has bats. If you catch them at the right time of day, you can find a bunch of them flying around in the big shaft. The rest of the time, you can usually find them hanging from the ceiling.

Last edited:

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Next time you guys head up there, the old school buses at the entrance of Schoolbus Canyon can be fun to visit, depending on how washed out the road is (sometimes very stock doable, sometimes rear locker/aftermarket bumpers recommended). It's kind of neat to find them because they are so far out in the middle of nowhere.

There is a lot of land in that area to explore. I've probably been out there a dozen times because I love the area and I'm always finding new stuff. I have also found some sand dunes, the remains of an old town site, an arch (which is right off of the road to Coyote Canyon), and some very cool rock formations. The mill at MGL mine is neat also. Drive far enough (and carry enough extra gas) and there a couple big playas as well.

Nightingale Mine has bats. If you catch them at the right time of day, you can find a bunch of them flying around in the big shaft. The rest of the time, you can usually find them hanging from the ceiling.
I would love the way points for those, I love that area.

OB 1466

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Great info! Yes would love the gps cords for those areas....hoping to head out there a lot this coming Spring and Summer