NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

****UPDATE****
Hey everyone,
Ive been coordinating with @O.Dfj and I am going to head into the Nightingale Mnts on Saturday March 18th. The plan is to arrive at the same meeting place: Loves Truck stop in Fernley, NV at 2pm on Saturday then convoy to the campsite for the night. In the morning we will pack up camp and rendezvous with everyone at around 9am in Coyote Canyon. The campsite is situated 8 miles to the north of the Coyote Canyon near the abandoned MGL Mine and east of the dried up lake bed, it should be an awesome night, and anyone that wants to come should let me know, I hope many of you that couldn't make it because of distance can make it out now. Attached is the .gpx file for the campsite and route in. Thanks
OB 2794
View attachment 18372
@Tahoe here is the info

OB 3319

Reactions: Tahoe and O.Dfj

Tahoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Fair Oaks, california
Member #

Attachments

Last edited:

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

It was good seeing everyone today. I had a blast, I hope you all did as well.

OB 1466

Looks like it was gorgeous out there!! Really wanted to make this trip but had to work OT last weekend. I hope to make the same route next month at some point.

For those that went and drove the route up coyote canyon to the Nightingale Mine, what was the condition of the road like? What would you rate it out of 5? Could a stock Tacoma 4x4 safely make it up there?

Thanks in advance for any input given.

Reactions: FrankR

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Looks like it was gorgeous out there!! Really wanted to make this trip but had to work OT last weekend. I hope to make the same route next month at some point.

For those that went and drove the route up coyote canyon to the Nightingale Mine, what was the condition of the road like? What would you rate it out of 5? Could a stock Tacoma 4x4 safely make it up there?

Thanks in advance for any input given.
Coyote canyon was good to go. You will not hit anything like @Tahoe he did that on the optional canyon we took back out.

OB 1466

Reactions: Slamson00