NV/CA Monthly Overland Trip

• HTML tutorial

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Can't wait till spring and summer. This weather is really bringing me and my Jeep down. :(

Yeah I couldn't agree with this statement more. I am done with the rain and snow over here in CA....it is really putting a damper on my trips and off road plans.

I am officially going to back out of this trip and play it safe. If I lived in Nevada I would be going and I am jealous of those that do. But having to get back over 80 or 50 late Sunday night after all this additional rain and snow is going to come through starting tomorrow just does not sound like fun to me. If it was just me I may still try it, but I have my kid with me this weekend and I know trying to get home she wont last waiting out a storm, accidents or slide clean up.

I will look forward to and hope I can make the March monthly trip. For those that do go I am jealous...and look forward to seeing the pics and reading about the trail run. I have the Nevada trails book now so I will have to do this run in the near future on my own if the group doesn't ever get back out there.

Have fun and safe travels everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: boss324

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Yeah I couldn't agree with this statement anymore. I am done with the rain and snow over here in CA....it is really putting a damper on my trips and off road plans.

I am officially going to back out of this trip and play it safe. If I lived in Nevada I would be going and I am jealous of those that do. But having to get back over 80 or 50 late Sunday night after all this additional rain and snow is going to come through starting tomorrow just does not sound like fun to me. If it was just me I may still try it, but I have my kid with me this weekend and I know trying to get home she wont last waiting out a storm, accidents or slide clean up.

I will look forward to and hope I can make the March monthly trip. For those that do go I am jealous...and look forward to seeing the pics and reading about the trail run. I have the Nevada trails book now so I will have to do this run in the near future on my own if the group doesn't ever get back out there.

If I lived in California I wouldn't chance it either, especially with my child. I am sure there will be many more trips in the future. Have a good weekend and stay dry.

Reactions: Slamson00

Klinton Kehoe

Rank VII

Trail Blazer II

Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
Yeah I couldn't agree with this statement anymore. I am done with the rain and snow over here in CA....it is really putting a damper on my trips and off road plans.

Oh don't worry there will be more trips. My father-in-law and I are planning several trips up in the Truckee area to the high Alpine lakes and loops up there.

OB# 3753

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I'm in. I was thinking of heading to Bodie Ghost Town on Saturday and camp somewhere. I will probably just meet you guys at the trail head on Sunday and roll back home with you all.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

ok this is a badass idea!! all depending on when my drill weekend falls ill definitely be down for this. lead yall on a few trails through the southern parts of California some truly spectacular places out by me.

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Well guys, it pains me to do this but I am going to have to back out of this one. Got the call from my doctor today and he said that I shouldn't be driving until they figure out what the hell is going on with me. As much as I want to say fuck it and just go, it's probably not the best idea to be out in the middle of nowhere. I will be at the next one, I am pretty bummed I am going to miss it and look forward to pictures.

OB 3319

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

ATTENTION ALL WHO ARE INTERESTED, THE LOCATION AND TRAIL HAS CHANGED TO SOMEWHERE CLOSER.

Instead of driving 4 hours to Simon I found a closer trail that is still stock friendly!

Where: Pine Grove Yerington, NV
When: February 19th
Meet Up Location/Time: Love's Travel Stop ( Address: 825 Commerce Center Dr., I-80 Exit 46, Fernley, NV 89408) At 9 AM
Trail: It will take about 2 hours to get to the start of the trail from Fernley. The trail is 7.5 miles and should take about an hour each way. This trail is still stock friendly however there will be some ruts from all the weather we have had in January and washouts might be present. But don't let that scare you off, the remains of the town will be worth it!
I need some contact info soon. I'd like to meet at the start of the trail. I'm assuming you all will be there about 11am.