NV/CA Monthly Overland Trip

• HTML tutorial

FlyJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills, CA
Member #

That looks fun, I'm about 5 minutes from the Nugget so I might have to mark this on the calendar. Have you heard what they plan to do on Saturday now that the lake is closed to all non-tribe members till about april?

OB 3319
Haven't heard. Rob is at Jurassic Lake, lucky bastard, but I'll ask when he gets back.

I'm just hoping to get my Jeep back from the shop. 2 months old and the tranny broke and supposedly my clutch as well.

Needless to say, I'm not happy.

OB 2646

Slamson00

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I may be dropping out of this trip.

Looking at the weather a few minutes ago, looks like snow will be a constant in the sierras starting this Thursday all the way to at least next Wednesday. Not sure I want to spend all day driving then get stuck on the freeway trying to get back over the "insert name of pass here" on any of the routes coming back from Nevada....so I may play it safe.

I did get my Nevada off road trails book in the mail finally so if I miss this trail I will definitely hit it up again looks like a great ghost town to go check out. Lots of great ghost town runs in this book that I must get out to now.

If I decide to stay in the valley this coming weekend I will post up ahead of time in case anyone is keeping a master list of who is going for this run. Will keep watching the weather till then.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I think we should postpone this trip due to weather, its not worth getting stuck if they decide to close the passes

Reactions: O.Dfj

Randy Hou

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Dublin, CA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hou
Member #

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Would definitely be a bummer as I have been really looking forward to it but it makes sense. On the bright side it would give me a bit more time to get the rig squared away with the new CB and everything. I'm in either way

OB 3319

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Would definitely be a bummer as I have been really looking forward to it but it makes sense. On the bright side it would give me a bit more time to get the rig squared away with the new CB and everything. I'm in either way

OB 3319
If anything us Nevadans can go since we don't have to worry about the pass

Reactions: NV.Recon

FlyJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills, CA
Member #

Where exactly are we going after we meet up in Fernley? I want to down load the map to my iPad in Gaia.

Never mind, missed the other post on page 2

OB 2646

FlyJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills, CA
Member #

That is over a 4 hour drive home for me. Might have to pass. That is just a bit to far to drive home after driving all day. Multiple high passes for me to get home on two lane roads.

OB 2646

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

That is over a 4 hour drive home for me. Might have to pass. That is just a bit to far to drive home after driving all day. Multiple high passes for me to get home on two lane roads.

OB 2646
No worries, I think most people from CA are gunna back out due to the snow. I heard that its supposed to snow 2 feet over Donner just on sunday.

Reactions: O.Dfj

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

No worries, I think most people from CA are gunna back out due to the snow. I heard that its supposed to snow 2 feet over Donner just on sunday.
Can't wait till spring and summer. This weather is really bringing me and my Jeep down. :(