Not your typical honeymoon.

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

The soon to be wife and i have decided on a not so typical honeymoon, driving from Georgia to Colorado and stopping in every state to enjoy scenery. At the moment we are having a hard time finding places to camp and places to see in Missouri and Kansas. Are there any OB members from these two states that have any input on "go to" places. Also any suggestions for Colorado is welcomed as well. We have a loose plan for Colorado as we are meeting up with some friends for a couple nights in Fort Collins but plan on staying in Colorado for more then two nights and looking at other things to do.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Stuck in the middle of Kansas, south of Oakley and just off of I-70 is Monument Rocks. These are chalk pyramids left over from when Kansas was at the bottom of a sea. This was one of my must see places in Kansas when passing though. Nearby is Castle Rock, but we didn't make it there.

http://www.kansastravel.org/monumentrocks.htm

14570555_909369639192942_4496727023278095282_o.jpg

We also enjoyed walking around Hannibal Missouri, visiting the Mark Twain buildings, but also just taking in the small town. It was quiet in October, but can't say what summer would be like.

In Fort Collins, have your friends make reservations at the Belgium Brewing company for a tour. IT was the most fun we've ever had on a brewery tour, and they give large and frequent samples, all for free.

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
How much time do you have? Me and another OB member are putting together a dirt tour of the Flint Hills. Lots of water crossings, beautiful scenery and free camping. Trail runs N & S from Wamego, KS to Cedar Vale, KS. Let me know if your interested.

SpikeMD

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Speicher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ6SPK
If u r heading all the way to CO from east coast, I would recommend u go a bit farther and see Moab. Absolutely amazing.