Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
It is still one of the most widely accepted passports in the world, without a visa. The group 1 countries on the list are accepted in 158 countries, the USA (group 4) 156...hardly a dramartic differentiator. 156 out of 190 or so (depending upon whose official count you use) is still over 80% of the countries on the planet. That Certainly qualifies as "almost any country in the world"...save the relatively few where its not accepted without a Visa or just a plain bad idea to travel to now.
Agreed, great passport to have. The ability to travel, it just one of the many advantages.

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

The only adventuring I have done outside of the U.S. have been trekking trips in Nepal and Spain. Plan on doing more, and would love to have a vehicle for some of it, but most of the villages and locations I have been you couldn't get a vehicle to where I was at.

Curtis2010

Rank III

Advocate II

Panamá
Agreed, great passport to have. The ability to travel, it just one of the many advantages.
I will be keeping mine too. I know a few people who have renounced their USA citizenship, for various reasons...very big step. Especially since you have to replace it with a passport from some other nation in order to travel.

Also handy to have for the extensive USA embassy/consulate precense. Great resources to have access to if you have passport/immigration issue abroad.

Reactions: Jeff Graham

Curtis2010

Rank III

Advocate II

Panamá
The only adventuring I have done outside of the U.S. have been trekking trips in Nepal and Spain. Plan on doing more, and would love to have a vehicle for some of it, but most of the villages and locations I have been you couldn't get a vehicle to where I was at.
I have a good friend who runs trekking expeditions in Nepal. Been intending for years to do a trek with him to Everest Base Camp, have not yet, but its on the list again for next year.

Reactions: RootedWanderers

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I have a good friend who runs trekking expeditions in Nepal. Been intending for years to do a trek with him to Everest Base Camp, have not yet, but its on the list again for next year.
both my my trips were mission trips that we did 10 day treks of the Annapurna Circuit. The closest we got was after our trekking portion of the trip we did the whole small prop airplane trip up around the top of Everest and a couple of the other major peaks in the region. It was awesome, one day I hope to make it up to Base Camp.

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Once I got the travel bug, my long-term personal goal was to visit as many countries, as my age.

I am now 55 years, but sadly I have only managed 38 countries to date:

· Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Iceland
· Europe: England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland (Eire), Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican State, Poland, Lithuania, N.Cyprus, S.Cyprus, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Spain & Tenerife
· North America: USA (Texas, Utah, Colorado, California, Wyoming, Nebraska & Kansas)
· South America: Venezuela, Chile
· Middle East: Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Qatar
· Africa: Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt

Would love to add a lot more to this list, but the last couple of years have slowed my progress, due to a number of reasons.

Being British, originating in South Yorkshire, and now living in Norway, I strongly believe I have "Viking Genes".
If you look at a map of South Yorkshire, and can read old Danish or old Norwegian, you can clearly read the map as a Viking Map.
A lot of the place names on the older vintage maps even have Scandic spellings...

And Norwegians are renowned for their global travels, and have one of the highest percentages of passport holders per person (over 90% population).

Travel is a great educator.
You meet new people, gain new experiences, expand your cultural awareness, and positively develop your soul.

I look forward ot meeting more OB members during my future travels.

Bon Voyage

Curtis2010

Rank III

Advocate II

Panamá
Travel is a great educator.
You meet new people, gain new experiences, expand your cultural awareness, and positively develop your soul.

Yes it is. We have an interest in indigenous cultures and have spent a lot of time amongst the Kuna of Panama (first pic) and the Mayans of Guatemala (second pic). Interestingly, both cultures are known for their vibrant textiles, but their styles are very different.

The "Mola Patrola" aboard our boat...Kuna women selling their famous fabric work ("molas").

The market in Chichicastenango, Guatemala.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yes it is. We have an interest in indigenous cultures and have spent a lot of time amongst the Kuna of Panama (first pic) and the Mayans of Guatemala (second pic). Interestingly, both cultures are known for their vibrant textiles, but their styles are very different.

The "Mola Patrola" aboard our boat...Kuna women selling their famous fabric work ("molas").

The market in Chichicastenango, Guatemala.

Hei Curtis

Thanks for sharing :)

Very interesting.....I still have to visit this part of the world.

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
It is still one of the most widely accepted passports in the world, without a visa. The group 1 countries on the list are accepted in 158 countries, the USA (group 4) 156...hardly a dramartic differentiator. 156 out of 190 or so (depending upon whose official count you use) is still over 80% of the countries on the planet. That Certainly qualifies as "almost any country in the world"...save the relatively few where its not accepted without a Visa or just a plain bad idea to travel to now.
UK passport ain't a bad one to have either.
There are 174 countries that British citizens can travel without a visa. While they can receive 45 visas on arrival or evisa, and 35 countries require a British passport holder to apply for a visa beforehand.
HOWEVER, some of this may no longer be true after this Brexit fiasco has run it's course.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Nope.

Outgrowing the expense of it all. My vacations are always in another country, but I'll fly in, and gladly pay a tourguide or a local overlander to show me the way around. I don't want to waste time exploring wasted areas of nothing, I'll gladly pay someone to point me in the right direction.

I'll RV, boondock, and overland in the states. Overseas, I'll gladly take a break from this hobby, and be more of a normal adventurous tourist. Go diving, enjoy a resort, cruise ship, etc. etc. I don't have to be Mr Hardcore overlander every weekend.

Reactions: bmwguru

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I have always wanted to travel, it's one of the reasons I find myself in groups like this. However my wife and I are of quite humble means so international travel is out of the question. So for us we do the next best thing and host international students. We have had kids from Japan, China, Thialand, and Spain live with us. And we have had kids from Hungary, Czech Republic, Holland, and Vietnam as hang arounds. It's been great, but now that we have essentially family in other countries we are saving to travel and are planning a trip to Thailand to see our first student graduate from veterinary school.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Overseas, I'll gladly take a break from this hobby, and be more of a normal adventurous tourist. I don't have to be Mr Hardcore overlander every weekend.
but you'll still be posting to instagram, right??

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

So far in my 36 years on this planet, I've been to the US (lived in Fairfield, OH 2 1/2 years), the UK (lived in Cranfield for a year), I've have been to Spain a couple of times, Germany once (just across the border), Sweden once, the Netherlands once, Denmark (7 times) and Norway (but being Norwegian, I guess that's cheating), there are still alot of places I want to visit.

JP Kcrew

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
First Name
JP
Last Name
Kahlen
Member #

I’ve been fortunate to travel fairly extensively including, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, France, Japan, Hawaii - although not overlanding...I did manage to travel here from Ontario across Canada to Vancouver island and then down West Coast all the way to Mexico and back across the US to Ontario in my last year of University/College camping along the entire way in my 97’ 4Runner....I loved that truck. Would love to do that trip again! We spend some time in Vermont and Florida as well.