Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
After some thought we have decide to head up the Dempster into Tuktoyatuk instead of heading up the dalton to Deadhorse. Many reasons but main as most know you cant really get to the Arctic in Deadhorse unless taking a tour bus. Not something we would like to do. That said I am looking for some advise on Alaska. We will be there in middle August until early September. Some planning I think we will take the Top of The World HWY into Alaska from Dawson to Tok. From there I was thinking of heading towards Fairbanks down into Denali south back to Tok. Then down the Dalton towards Fairbanks east towards to pick up the Steward Cassiar HWy south towards Washington through BC. We have never been to Alaska except when I was military and training near Fairbanks. But that was flying in parachuting and doing Arctic Training. That said what else should I be adding like should we go further north than Fairbanks? Or Anchorage, Kenai Valdez etc? We are not looking to get on the multi-day Alaska Hwy Ferry as we will have a service animal and another dog traveling with us. Dont like the fact that you have to keep the regular dog by herself down on the car deck and get limited breaks every 8 hours or so. I would appreciate any input on this including some GPX so we can definitely narrow down our travels some more.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I am interested in where you end up in planning this. I'd like to do a similar trip in the near future.

Reactions: Gladiator Overland

Gladiator Overland

Rank IV

Explorer I

Cherry Log, Fannin County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
I am interested in where you end up in planning this. I'd like to do a similar trip in the near future.
Yes sure will end up sharing GPX tracks when done with trip. I would like to break down the tracks by Day of Travel. With other things like campsite, gas, supply waypoints etc.