Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

My wife and I want to take a short two day camping trip in Northern Nevada and we are looking for some fun places to breakout the RTT. Looking for some dispersed camping sites.

Doc Foster

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Frederick, MD
First Name
JAY
Last Name
FOSTER
I did spend a night at Bog Hot Springs many years ago, it was nice and secluded, I was the only one there. I was searching for petroglyph around Pyramid Lake, but was chased out by some nasty storms that washed out many of the backroads. Never been to Black Rock Desert, it is on my bucket list. There are MANY articles, writeups, youtube videos, etc. about that area. When I had planned to go it was way too wet to get out on the playa and many roads were impassable so plan accordingly.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You can contact our Member Representative @HappyOurOverlanding Bill Cox, he has the Reno meet-up and they know lots of places to camp in Northern NV

Dcooper

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

I did spend a night at Bog Hot Springs many years ago, it was nice and secluded, I was the only one there. I was searching for petroglyph around Pyramid Lake, but was chased out by some nasty storms that washed out many of the backroads. Never been to Black Rock Desert, it is on my bucket list. There are MANY articles, writeups, youtube videos, etc. about that area. When I had planned to go it was way too wet to get out on the playa and many roads were impassable so plan accordingly.
Maybe Burning Man next year:smiley: Just make sure you are ready for that Playa dust-Thanks again for your response.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I will definitely reach out to him. I would like to join y'all in a Reno meet-up one of these days.
Here is a link to the Reno Meet-Up. They are a great group.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I will definitely reach out to him. I would like to join y'all in a Reno meet-up one of these days.
Just PM me , look through the Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread for ideas as indicated by Kent, or go to the Reno Overlanding Facebook Group page and pose your camping interest question there also.

The Black Rock Canyon Overnighter is this weekend. See this link US West - High Rock Canyon Overnighter