Sisters, Deschutes County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK

Leaving from Central Oregon late May 2023 and drive up into Alberta Canada (west of Edmonton). Planning on a 10 day round trip. Weather will dictate route through the Canadian Rockies. I am laying out all details for this bucket list fulfilling trip. Contact me if you want to join the adventure.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia

Leaving from Central Oregon late May 2023 and drive up into Alberta Canada (East of Edmonton). Planning on a 10 day round trip. Weather will dictate route through the Canadian Rockies. I am laying out all details for this bucket list fulfilling trip. Contact me if you want to join the adventure.

It may be getting late for the aurora by late May - always possible however .

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I'm in, wife and I both have our time approved. Hoping to have my trailer done, and a shake down run or two done.
Got a few maintenance items on the agenda too. Can't wait though!!

Reactions: Topgunner

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK
I am interested but I can't commit to an RSVP yet.
Hello Nicole!

Thank you for considering this adventure. We will be bringing our Weimaraner, Kenzie with us on the trip. So I hope you will be able to come along.

I am waiting to hear back from Canada concerning some of the travel options.

Reach out anytime.

Chris

Reactions: Ebbs

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK
I'm in, wife and I both have our time approved. Hoping to have my trailer done, and a shake down run or two done.
Got a few maintenance items on the agenda too. Can't wait though!!
That is good news!

I should be hearing back from Canada before the end of the month.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Going on a northern lights trip is one of the things I would like to do sometime. I haven't done much research so I am speaking out of ignorance on this but will there be much lights to see at the end of May up there? That's getting pretty close to midsummer night in June when it's mostly day and little night in the northern latitudes. Most northern light tours I have seen were generally in the colder winter months.

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK

Leaving from Central Oregon late May 2023 and drive up into Alberta Canada (East of Edmonton). Planning on a 10 day round trip. Weather will dictate route through the Canadian Rockies. I am laying out all details for this bucket list fulfilling trip. Contact me if you want to join the adventure.

It may be getting late for the aurora by late May - always possible however .
The solar maximum occurs 2023/2024, so we might get lucky. Regardless, we should have a good trip and see some incredible landscape.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
What have you had to do for you pup? Looking to possibly bring our two dogs, a 6Y/O Ridgeback and a 2Y/O yellow lab

Weim.Runner

Rank VI

World Traveler I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ask me :)
What have you had to do for you pup? Looking to possibly bring our two dogs, a 6Y/O Ridgeback and a 2Y/O yellow lab
I’m pretty sure you just need proof of vaccination and a health certificate within a certain number of days before arrival. You should be able to find the specifics if you google Canada’s requirements.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I’m pretty sure you just need proof of vaccination and a health certificate within a certain number of days before arrival. You should be able to find the specifics if you google Canada’s requirements.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure if there was a unique factor thrown in by any areas they were planning on visiting (like some national parks not allowing dogs in certain areas... Wasn't sure if Canada had similar restrictions)

Weim.Runner

Rank VI

World Traveler I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ask me :)
I am interested but I can't commit to an RSVP yet.
I just bought tickets to Overland Expo West so I won’t be able to make this trip. I would LOVE to see the northern lights at some point though. If anyone has any tips when you return I am all ears.

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK

Leaving from Central Oregon late May 2023 and drive up into Alberta Canada (west of Edmonton). Planning on a 10 day round trip. Weather will dictate route through the Canadian Rockies. I am laying out all details for this bucket list fulfilling trip. Contact me if you want to join the adventure.

This is the base map file. I am looking at side trips for camping opportunities.

Let me know if you have a problem opening up the link. This is just a framework to get us into the Rockies from the BC and transit east over into Alberta. More information is forthcoming.

Canadian Rockies Loop
Canadian Rockies Loop

Last edited:

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18

This is the base map file. I am looking at side trips for camping opportunities.

Let me know if you have a problem opening up the link. This is just a framework to get us into the Rockies from the BC and transit east over into Alberta. More information is forthcoming.

Canadian Rockies Loop
Yeah it says I don't have access to the map

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK

Canadian Rockies Loop
Ok, let me work on that. I will post an updated link as a replacement.

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK

Canadian Rockies Loop
Canadian Rockies Loop

See if this link works for you?

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18

Canadian Rockies Loop
Canadian Rockies Loop

Sorry no luck said I no longer have access to the map

Attachments

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK

Canadian Rockies Loop
Canadian Rockies Loop

Sorry no luck said I no longer have access to the map

See if this works?

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Requested access. I think hink this will work.
Ive definitely been doing research on some places to camp, see, etc.

Reactions: Glacierdog