Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Randomly recurring meet and greet for Northeast Oklahoma. I know we're pretty widely dispersed, so I'm open to moving this around to accommodate those who don't live in the Tulsa area. Bring your traveling compadres and beverages. We'll hang out, discuss rigs, gear, plans, tell stories, and basically get to know each other. Might even cook something (we are overlanders after all)!

View Rally Point
Last edited:

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello all!

I moved the date to Dec 2. I'm gonna be out of town on the original date, and then there's the Thanksgiving holiday the next weekend. I also pushed the start time back to the afternoon to (hopefully) better accommodate those who may have to drive in a little ways.

Please post up if you have any comments or suggestions for making this an awesome time!

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi asturdivan! We are starting at 1400. No special events or anything planned, since this is our first meetup. Looking forward to seeing you there!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app

asturdivan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tulsa, Ok
Member #

Three of us were there and talked for about an hour swampcat84 thought quarterly will be good.
The other two had wives and kids there so i am going to try and get my wife to go next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

jason

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Owasso, Oklahoma
Member #

Thanks for the info. Just moved up to the Tulsa area thought I would check in.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey all!

Sorry I've been absent from the thread, I didn't see the posts!

Yeah I will plan another event for sometime this quarter, so keep an eye out for the new post!

See y'all there!

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Hope to make it to the next meet up. Went to the one in Norman had a great turn out. People planning a Trail ride over in Arkansas will post up more information when I get it. See you guys next month hopefully

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey Everyone!

I'm looking to put another meet on the calendar! When is a favorable time? Saturday afternoons?

Also, please recommend locations. I was thinking of meeting up at the Owasso YMCA playground this time. It's got a decent parking lot and, of course, the playground for the kiddos.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Iwata77

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
I never been but am looking forward to coming this time. I have tickets to the OKC Auto Show on March 10 and St Paddy is on the 17th will probably be at KilKennys for the block party. I am really not helping here am I.

Reactions: SwampcatJeep

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I never been but am looking forward to coming this time. I have tickets to the OKC Auto Show on March 10 and St Paddy is on the 17th will probably be at KilKennys for the block party. I am really not helping here am I.
Haha, no worries. I'm in the same boat, kids activities most weekends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Next Meetup is 4/7/18 at 11AM in Rayola Park in Owasso. Playground for the kids and decent parking lot for everyone. I'll be cooking hot dogs for my family, so y'all bring a lunch for yourselves!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
@okieoverland86 there is a meet up at Hollywood Corners April 7 its in another thread. @Swampcat84 you still planning the meet up in the park this weekend? Just asking before making the trip due to weather being 45 degrees.

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Well, I was... until you mentioned it will be 45F, haha. I'm not a huge fan of standing around in the cold, haha, so we should reschedule. I'll find a date and update the RP.