Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I thought I would start this thread separate from the "Meet Ups" thread to discuss what activities people are interested in. For example, when weather warms up I was thinking of setting a rock hounding trip or fishing. Other ideas could be star gazing, mountain biking, etc. and other long term ideas.

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Thanks Ron, sounds like a good idea! I’m always interested in hiking, biking and also stargazing.. sounds like fun and be great to join on some trips and get out

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Thanks Ron, sounds like a good idea! I’m always interested in hiking, biking and also stargazing.. sounds like fun and be great to join on some trips and get out
My nephew and I are talking about taking my camper trailer out to the West Desert to do star gazing when it starts to warm up. I have a mountain bike (cheap one from Walmart) but haven't done much riding. Plan on changing that though.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I just got an overland trailer that I'm dying to take out. I'd be interested in the west desert and star gazing when it warms up.
We will set something up then. What is your first name?

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

I just got an overland trailer that I'm dying to take out. I'd be interested in the west desert and star gazing when it warms up.
What type of overland trailer? I just got my MOAB Fort XL overland trailer last September and only had it out on 2 trips before winter.. can’t wait to really test it and use it this spring/summer. They are really awesome, completely change the camping game! Here are a few pics

A04E1920-6D2B-4630-8AFD-4EB4C7A581A5.jpeg

0B919547-2141-4803-9454-FF687FD2A9F9.jpeg

Last edited:

Journey Through Life

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dallas Township, PA
First Name
David
Last Name
Horowitz
Member #

That's nice! I'll try to get some pics uploaded of mine. It's a custom build from a guy in Sandy with a Tepui RTT. I'll have to meet up with you sometime and see how yours is set up. Mine is just basic right now but I'd like to add some stuff to it.

Reactions: UTDez23

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

That's nice! I'll try to get some pics uploaded of mine. It's a custom build from a guy in Sandy with a Tepui RTT. I'll have to meet up with you sometime and see how yours is set up. Mine is just basic right now but I'd like to add some stuff to it.
Right on! That’s cool you found a local connection.. definitely like to see some pics. Yes, would be fun to meet up and share builds and ideas.