Launch Member

Contributor II

Cortez, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Addingt
Member #

North Rim @ Kelly Point. Another great location. A bit rough getting there in that the trail through the trees is tight and some of the two-track (at least last summer) had some washout. Again, permit needed, but well-worth the effort. Fire Point was also amazing, but the end of the road and out onto the point doesn't have a lot of room for multiple campsites and this area is close to the Visitor's Center so it probably gets a bit more pressure, plus the road is pretty smooth sailing from the highway.
View attachment 112163
Another cool thing is get some kind of park pass, we have a lifetime national park pass, so we go into the park when needed, to get rid of trash, get water, the park rangers always tell us we can use the showers or whatever. It’s a little expensive if you have to pay the gate fee!

Reactions: Todd & Meg

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Another cool thing is get some kind of park pass, we have a lifetime national park pass, so we go into the park when needed, to get rid of trash, get water, the park rangers always tell us we can use the showers or whatever. It’s a little expensive if you have to pay the gate fee!
Note that if you have a fourth grader you can get a national park pass for free for a year. It is the "Every Kid in a Park" program. They even work with homeschoolers.

I am, unfortunately, running out of fourth graders. Perhaps I should hold Varmint #Last back a year...

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Unfortunately fire point is closed now, due to a wild fire. We are trying to squeeze in an extra day by leaving Thursday night instead of Friday night.

I have been scrambling the last couple of days, we went out with the teardrop over the weekend and had to come home Saturday because of an electrical problem. Ended up my 6 month old AGM battery is toast. Wouldn’t hold a charge and now won’t take a charge. Think I got things figured out, I’m adding another 100w panel and charge controller.

Todd