Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good time today screwing holes and plugging holes! Maturity people…..

We’ve got the Idaho BDR at the end of the month, sign up!
media.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We had a really great trip on Section 7 of the Idaho Backroads Discovery Route!

Thanks @Codeman for the drone shots (and Northwest Coffee you roast for the trail! Love the travel filters btw)

035E076A-A874-4A91-9E34-D9ABACCBBB29.jpeg06812884-6273-4F62-80F1-777805F2AFEC.jpeg7B98DDDC-9616-419D-A6BC-40E06CB14A6A.jpeg

Reactions: Michael_Exploder

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
John @jad3116 posted our next trip on the calendar! July 21-23rd to Polebridge MT and exploring our way back. I’m excited about this one

See you July 9th 1-3pm at Toys for Trucks for our meet up. Brandon @Ebbs will be reviewing recovery gear out on the trail. This is an important one if you can make it!

7DB9B0C9-3075-4262-BE6A-FB82309F6295.jpeg

Reactions: Ebbs

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Is anyone going to the Overland Rally next weekend in Oregon?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
INTERESTED IN HAM RADIO? HAMFEST EVENT

Mark your calendars for August 12th. The Kootenai Amateur Radio Society has an event coming up where you can learn and buy gear if interested. This is the same local group that came and presented to our group earlier this year and did such a good job. See the flyer for details

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
INTERESTED IN HAM RADIO? HAMFEST EVENT

Mark your calendars for August 12th. The Kootenai Amateur Radio Society has an event coming up where you can learn and buy gear if interested. This is the same local group that came and presented to our group earlier this year and did such a good job. See the flyer for details
This is always a good event. If plans align I might attend.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We meet this Sunday! 1-3pm at Toys for Trucks. Bring your recovery gear to discuss

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We got back yesterday from the NW Montana Exploration trip led by @jad3116 and WOW we saw some amazing country!

Saturday night we camped right on the Flathead River and hung out on the shore all night. Others can add their photos but here’s a couple I took.

C5368793-33FB-47AA-BDE4-B9A3E7A0B9B0.jpeg5807D06C-0948-4A88-947E-CBA8C1AD25B8.jpeg

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Labor Day Weekend Trip is Posted!

Magruder Corridor, more info to come but save the date

I’m currently on the IBDR… unfortunately had to bug out of Muruder Corridor due to engine issues… very epic views though from what I saw leading into it from both sides.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Well if you’ve ever liked roof top tents but they were too much there’s a Chinese company selling on Amazon now. Price is good for a RTT

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Post Falls, Kootenai County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya
Please READ:

AUGUST AT A GLANCE, next Monthly Meet Up is NOT HAPPENING, WE WILL BE AT BLUE LAKE MT, SO COME!

We meet the second Sunday of the month, but August 13th we will be at Blue Lake

August 11-13th is our End of Summer Weekend Escape to Blue Lake MT. This will replace our normal monthly meet up. Blue Lake is gorgeous and we will be camping all weekend in one spot right on the water. It’s a small little lake perfect for paddle board, kids, and even dogs. So bring your gear and have fun with us!

WHEN: meet up at Blue Lake this month
WHERE: Toy for Trucks parking lot
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

Bring a chair, a pop-up tent if you want, and lunch. This location will give us more room to spread out and meet.

2023 TRIP CALENDAR
March 3-5th- Junipter Dunes, Palouse Falls, Rainbow Lake

March 18th- snow level scouting trip

April 22-23rd- EDO Weekend, Earth Day Overnight Trail Clean Up, we will do some litter clean up and then camp at a great spot

May 19-21st- Bull River Camping Trip

June 10th- Moon Pass Day Trip

June 23-25th- Idaho BDR Section 7

July 21-23rd

August 11-13th

September 1-4th, Magruder Corridor, Labor Day Weekend

October-
November-
December- Meet Up Christmas Celebration

Hi Everyone!

My name is Dave, aka PapaDave, and the North Idaho Monthly Meet Up is gathering the SECOND SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH 1-3pm. We figure that’s after church, doesn’t take up your whole day, and usually doesn’t compete with youth sports. We will be meeting the second Sunday of every month except on Easter and Mother’s Day.

It really doesn’t matter what you drive just come ready to discuss adventuring with like-minded people. Topics will range from gear, recovery, driving tips, and route planning to get out and use the equipment we’ve got! We will meet the first hour for lunch while discussing trying and such, and the second hour to check out rigs in the parking lot (weather permitting).

As I mentioned before it doesn’t matter what you drive as long as your vehicle is as capable as you need it to be. There really isn’t a perfect vehicle or set up so we choose to not get hung up on how outfitted your vehicle is, what’s important is that your vehicle is prepared and capable to tackle the trail you want to explore.

A little about me, I have now coordinated 3 different regional meet ups over the last 5 years and have led about 35 Overland Bound trips. With that said I’ll be the first to admit I still have so much to learn! I’ve had the fortune to call Michael (OLB Founder) and Kent (Executive Director) my friends and have witnessed first-hand their desire to see people find adventure out on the trail. Below is a link to a video Michael did about my rig, I share it as I find it helps to put a face to someone when we are meeting new people. I’m pretty much a dork in the video, and well, in person too.

Adventure is necessary so let’s go places!

North Idaho Monthly Meet Up
Eastern WA-North Idaho-Western Montana

WHEN: 1-3pm
WHERE: Toy for Trucks parking lot (old 4WP location)
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

Bring a chair, a pop-up tent if you want, and lunch. This location will give us more room to spread out and meet. If you have a trip on the weekend of the meet up, then catch the next one. Weeknights are tough for those driving into the area from out of town So we are sticking to Sundays.

Goofy video but you get the idea

Pacific Ocean in Baja Mexico
View attachment 246876

@Michael @Kent R
So no meet up in September the meet up is at blue lake ?

Reactions: PapaDave