Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Okay, so this wasn’t an epic trip, but a fun day none the less. We started at the intersection of Hwy 95 and Hwy 54 north of Coeur D’Alene Idaho. We had a few destinations we wanted to hit.
1. Bernard Peak
2. Spades Mt. Lookout
3. Honeysuckle Campground
4. Monument Lookout
We quickly made it to Bernard Peak where we aired down for the remainder of the trip. We were stopped 1/2 mile short of reaching Spades Mt. by downfall across the road. After braking out the chainsaw we were then stopped by a broken saw. Next we headed down to Honeysuckle Campground to find it closed for the season. Not a big deal as there are plenty of dispersed campsites to be found along the road. So that’s what we did. Quickly opened up the trucks and fired up the stoves for a hot lunch and plenty of trail talk. After lunch we headed to Monument Mt where we found a locked gate. Oh Well. All in all we had a great time even in the poring rain talking on the radio and getting to know each other. It was nice to get out in the woods with a couple of new friends with no expectations other than to go and have an adventure. Thanks to Michael and Dillon for being willing to head out into the mountains on a nasty rainy day and in the end call it FUN.

Yep. It just rained ALL day.

About the best view we got all day.

4Runners in their natural habitat. Dillon had to head back early in his cool little pickup.

Elevation ranged from 2114 to 5126. Off-road track distance 90.4mi over 7 hours and 40 minutes.

Elevation Plot.

If you want to take a look at the track it can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5DYbSgkfWVOZjBoT0hBcjI0eWs

All the roads were in great shape other than the trees blocking the last half mile to Spades Mt.

DB Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

powell wyoming
First Name
John
Last Name
Dibble
Member #

sandpoint steve i use to live in coeur d alene idaho and if you find yourself looking for some new adventures i know a lot of great trails.

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I'll be up in that area around early June, hopefully going to run the Magruder rd.

War machine

Rank II

Advocate I

I am a newbie here, but I've been up there a lot last summer. My fiancee and I love it we started off down by Hayden Creek and explored from there to horse haven then ended up out by Canfield. Many more trips planned out that way this year.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I
I'd love to have any input on destinations.

I'll be doing the Magruder and the lolo with the Northwest Overland group in July .

Sent from my B1-750 using OB Talk mobile app
I'll be floating in and out of that run as well, grabbing a few segments with the Northern ID NWOL posse and hitting up parts of the with the Treasure Valley crew in Aug.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

The Nothing

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

pdx, or
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BSB
I was just up that way the other day. I kept looking up at the mountains that I haven't seen for years, thought about this thread, and wish I didn't have to deal with responsibilities I had at the time. Someday I hope to be back up that way.