First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
DECEMBER 2, 2023 CHRISTMAS TREE HUNT

I wanted to check in about our December 2nd meet up/Christmas tree hunt/coffee and coco time together. Does anyone have an area that they usually go Christmas tree hunting? If not does anyone have a decent area that we can meet up that’s near either Coeur d’Alene/Sandpoint or Spokane that has a scenic overview?

I wanted to grab some ideas from those who have been local a little longer than I’ve been local :-)

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Post Falls, Kootenai County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya
DECEMBER 2, 2023 CHRISTMAS TREE HUNT

I wanted to check in about our December 2nd meet up/Christmas tree hunt/coffee and coco time together. Does anyone have an area that they usually go Christmas tree hunting? If not does anyone have a decent area that we can meet up that’s near either Coeur d’Alene/Sandpoint or Spokane that has a scenic overview?

I wanted to grab some ideas from those who have been local a little longer than I’ve been local :-)
We can attend however we have a company Xmas party to attend to at 5 So we will need to be home by 2. Here’s a place close to home we drove after the fire lookout. Hoodoo mountain

Attachments

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
So all the properties if you use onyx will show you Idaho forest or paper llc’s the road is public is easy there are trees , we may have to permit to cut ?
I’ll call the ranger station to confirm. Another suggestion was the Ferdinand Saddle which isnt very far from downtown CDA.

How long is the Hoodoo route?

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya
So all the properties if you use onyx will show you Idaho forest or paper llc’s the road is public is easy there are trees , we may have to permit to cut ?
I’ll call the ranger station to confirm. Another suggestion was the Ferdinand Saddle which isnt very far from downtown CDA.

Oh yes 100% we use for hunting , shows public lands private etc. the route as far as mileage , I don’t know I didn’t trip it , but it was a good sold couple hours when we came home. We are down for whatever everyone wants to do. We just need to be home early Let it snow !!!!!

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya

I don’t know if we have been to that saddle , but like I said we are down to go for drive with everyone !!!

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya
Here’s brief. Like I said it shows lands private , llc’s Idaho forest Montana lands bureau etc , farming is great for routes way points this just tells you trails and lands if public or private is why we like it

Attachments

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
CHRISTMAS TREE HUNT AND MEET UP
December 2nd 9am-2pm​

We are headed to Ferdinand Saddle which is a short distance from downtown Coeur d’Alene. We will meet at the Mobil1 listed in the Rally Point and head to GPS coordinates 47.73559, -116.60477

If you want to cut a tree be sure to pick up a $5 Christmas Tree permit. They may be available at the ranger station or grab them online at Get Your Christmas Tree Permit - Recreation.gov search IPNF

Bring your coffee and rigs for our meet up and snow wheeling spirits to hunt trees.
9am at Mobil1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebbs

Mitch&TigaB

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Medical Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Burright
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force
It's been a while for Tiga and I. I'm 7 months post total knee replacement and feel I'm up for walking around in knee deep snow. Although we live in Medical Lake, WA we'll drive along and give support and encouragement to everyone.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
It's been a while for Tiga and I. I'm 7 months post total knee replacement and feel I'm up for walking around in knee deep snow. Although we live in Medical Lake, WA we'll drive along and give support and encouragement to everyone.
Glad to hear that you are coming! We will see what kind of snow we get!

Thanks for RSVPing as well!