First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Idaho BDR Section 7
Keep an eye out here as we will update the latest info on this second post.

We will update the GPX file with more detail as we get closer. Be sure to fully read the trip detail, you will need offline navigation, comms, preferably HAM but GMRS will work, and dust lights. This will be a fun one!

052B2280-5329-43DE-8890-5676489F8FBF.jpeg

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
It’s mostly forest roads, nothing too difficult, but it is multi-day
We'll be running from pine to the Canadian border at the end of July. This will be the longest trip we'll have done. Solo, I would love this..... I'm hoping the wife doesn't hate it. And I'm hoping I don't murder my 6yo...lol.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We'll be running from pine to the Canadian border at the end of July. This will be the longest trip we'll have done. Solo, I would love this..... I'm hoping the wife doesn't hate it. And I'm hoping I don't murder my 6yo...lol.
Haha you’ve got some variables to contend with!

Reactions: reaver

BlackToySteve

Rank IV

Explorer I

Spokane Valley, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Morgan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYB - GMRS WROK981
@NWFJ and I started this section last summer. We got from Wallace to Magee Airstrip before we had to bail as we were short on time. We camped the first night just outside Wallace at a Hipcamp overlooking the freeway and got started a bit late. Second camp was in a pull off on a hairpin. Had a thunderstorm that night to the south that missed us by a small bit. First couple sections of trail were super tight as far as vegetation. Lots of pinstrioing and one hidden hard branch down the side of each rig. Still pretty stinkin’ fun, though. I have a few potential camp sites listed on OB1 up until around Spyglass. Spyglass spur was closed to the top of Spyglass mountain.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@NWFJ and I started this section last summer. We got from Wallace to Magee Airstrip before we had to bail as we were short on time. We camped the first night just outside Wallace at a Hipcamp overlooking the freeway and got started a bit late. Second camp was in a pull off on a hairpin. Had a thunderstorm that night to the south that missed us by a small bit. First couple sections of trail were super tight as far as vegetation. Lots of pinstrioing and one hidden hard branch down the side of each rig. Still pretty stinkin’ fun, though. I have a few potential camp sites listed on OB1 up until around Spyglass. Spyglass spur was closed to the top of Spyglass mountain.
That’s great info, we will take any input you’ve got

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I\'m in! What are you thinking for a start time on the 23rd? I usually work until 1 but could catch up via a short cut or take a few hours off. Fun!!
We are looking to meet up on the edge of CDA at 1pm.
Is this the trip you spoke of that had an option for just a day trip?
You could come along for part of it and turn around when you need to, but there’s also June 10th on the calendar that is Moon Pass that is a day trip

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Definitely in. I'll be there with the trailer in tow. Going to be a good time!

Reactions: Buzzbee17