North Georgia/UpState SC Meetup - 11/18/2017

• HTML tutorial

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Not specifically. We made this a kind of meet and greet so Overlanders from Georgia, mainly Atlanta area and Upstate SC/Greenville, Spartanburg could get to know one another while leaving the day open ended so everyone just makes of the day what they want. Driver skills and rig setups are going to vary so people can go mild or wild. I suspect Tray Mountain to be a popular destination and our meet point is less than 30 minutes from Tray. Charlie's Creek is another spot not too far away. About an hour out is the Cooper Creek/Blue Ridge WMA areas with mild to moderate FS roads. So there are lots of options and I suspect others will bring choices not thought of. Hope you can make it and looking forward to meeting everyone.
Keith, Trecia and I are planning to leave the "meet up" and run over to the Cohutta Wilderness section of the GA Traverse (and up into TN) for a few days of camping and exploring. We've been up and down Tray Mountain a couple of times in the last 30 days or so, hence its not on our list to go back over the same territory this particular weekend.

Don't know anything about Charlie's Creek... I'll look into that before we see you on Saturday.

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Keith, Trecia and I are planning to leave the "meet up" and run over to the Cohutta Wilderness section of the GA Traverse (and up into TN) for a few days of camping and exploring. We've been up and down Tray Mountain a couple of times in the last 30 days or so, hence its not on our list to go back over the same territory this particular weekend.

Don't know anything about Charlie's Creek... I'll look into that before we see you on Saturday.
Understood. My wife and I have been in Tennessee and now we are in NC today so depending on how we feel we might wheel a bit and then head home.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Great seeing everyone, sorry I missed out on the trail run with you guys... I took too long in the store.
Our bad Will. We thought you got called into work. My apologies for not really checking. That won't happen again my friend.

We are talking about another trip in January to do some of the eastern section of the Ga. Traverse. We'll start formalizing plans late December so be on the lookout.

To those who came out today, thanks for doing so and for those who went on the Tray Mountain ride, really enjoyed that and eating some got pizza afterwards. Good call Doug & Heather on the food suggestion. You knocked it out of the park.

Everyone enjoy their Sunday and Happy Trails to You!

Eric, hope you and your better half enjoyed the camping and trailing in Cohutta.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Got 3 or 4 rigs from the Overland Bound Southeast FB group interested in the January trip. Also a guy I met at Expo with a beast of a Tundra is already down to join us. Cindy and I talked tonight and the Tundra lift may well happen before the next trip.

Reactions: k9sar

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Hope you & Trecia survived the storm front and the wind. Enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to getting together again. The group discussed a ride in January of the eastern portion of the Georgia Traverse. Keep in touch and watching here if interested.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I hope everyone had an awesome time that was able to make it!

I’ll try really hard to make the next one, but I’ve got a baby due the beginning of February, so I’m sure the Mrs. will need all my help and support.

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Our bad Will. We thought you got called into work. My apologies for not really checking. That won't happen again my friend...
We're so sorry! I went into the store and when I came back out I didn't see you and just figured you had decided not to go.
It's all good guys, I had a nice chat with Mr. Tim and Mr. Eric for a while when I finally made it out of the long Starbucks line lol. I did receive a few phone calls from work that would have cause me to have several interruptions in the great ride you all had so it worked out fine... hopefully next time I won't be on call so I'll be freed up to ride and socialize without interruptions!

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

It's all good guys, I had a nice chat with Mr. Tim and Mr. Eric for a while when I finally made it out of the long Starbucks line lol. I did receive a few phone calls from work that would have cause me to have several interruptions in the great ride you all had so it worked out fine... hopefully next time I won't be on call so I'll be freed up to ride and socialize without interruptions!
Got back to work today and found out I'm working every Saturday night till Christmas so other than a Sunday day trip, I'm out of pocket. BUT the good news is you online shoppers will pay for my suspension lift on the Tundra so all good.

Talking about a Late January trip on the eastern section of Ga. Traverse so stay tuned. Already got 4 or 5 other rigs from the OB Southeast FB group down for the next one and a big bad ass Tundra out of Central Georgia. And this one is family and friends included so bring spouse, kids, grandkids, girlfriends, best friends, man's best friend, gold fish, whatever. Gonna be fun.