Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Hey Hey I lived in La Grande for a year 2018! Was a cool little town, my girlfriends parents live there.

Love Mt. Emily and all that- lots of fun snow wheeling there.

IMG_5234.JPGIMG_5227.JPGIMG_5223.JPGxterra_cliffs.jpgxterra_cliff2.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Hey I lived in La Grande for a year 2018! Was a cool little town, my girlfriends parents live there.

Love Mt. Emily and all that- lots of fun snow wheeling there.

View attachment 134547View attachment 134548View attachment 134549View attachment 134550View attachment 134551
You’re playing on one of my favorite trails... gotta love Indian Rock. Hit me up next time you guys are up here and I’ll show ya around, or we can just have coffee... up to you.

Reactions: DRTMaverick

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

RP is set up

These are Monthly?! We are in Corvallis but my girlfriend's parents are in La Grande, and we want to visit soon. If the next month isn't too hellish as far as driving from Corvallis to LG goes, we may be able to make it. Can't promise that yet though, it's all dependent on work. What I can promise is eventually within the next few months we'll make it back into LG to visit family and visit the hills.

Also 2018 I harvested nearly 2 gallons of huckleberries right up off Mt. Emily! This year we want to do the same, perhaps we could make an event this summer/autumn for huckleberries and off-roading? (I'll bake a pie even). The huckleberry patches I found were so massive that you could sit down in one spot for 30 minutes and fill a 32oz container before needing to really move to another spot, so there's plenty of huckleberries!

Also- the omelettes at LongBranch are awesome!

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
These are Monthly?! We are in Corvallis but my girlfriend's parents are in La Grande, and we want to visit soon. If the next month isn't too hellish as far as driving from Corvallis to LG goes, we may be able to make it. Can't promise that yet though, it's all dependent on work. What I can promise is eventually within the next few months we'll make it back into LG to visit family and visit the hills.

Also 2018 I harvested nearly 2 gallons of huckleberries right up off Mt. Emily! This year we want to do the same, perhaps we could make an event this summer/autumn for huckleberries and off-roading? (I'll bake a pie even). The huckleberry patches I found were so massive that you could sit down in one spot for 30 minutes and fill a 32oz container before needing to really move to another spot, so there's plenty of huckleberries!

Also- the omelettes at LongBranch are awesome!
Yes it’s every month now, we would love to have you.
there are some awesome patches of huckleberries up there on Emily... I found a huge patch up on South Cathrine Creek summer of 2019. 8 of us picked on the patch for 4 days and harvested close to 20 gallons, and the patch was still loaded. If you are interested in mushrooming, I know a few spots up on Emily Summit that usually has good pickings in early to mid April through June.

Reactions: DRTMaverick

DRTMaverick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Perry
Member #

We love foraging for mushrooms! I found matsutake for the first time this year at the Driftwood II campground near Florence. I've never managed to find morels yet myself, but that's one of the big ones i want to find there, that and the Agaricus Augustus

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
We love foraging for mushrooms! I found matsutake for the first time this year at the Driftwood II campground near Florence. I've never managed to find morels yet myself, but that's one of the big ones i want to find there, that and the Agaricus Augustus
i have a lot to learn lol.. I know marells and cauliflower

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Chanterelles are huge here in Sep/Oct, right after the first good soaker after summer. I like to pick & give 'em away.

Reactions: M Rose