Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington, Morris County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bradford
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hello Everyone, I'm up in Northwest jersey.

From all my looking around the only thing i could find was Wharton State Forest(Pine Lands) there are legal gravel roads with some difficult trails. I think you just have to check in with the ranger station.

let us know if you find anything else out.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

North West Jersey here. The only trails my truck has seen are at the VOR. Signed up again for this year. Mid Atlantic overland should have the NJ trans trail available in April.

NJ4runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Southern New Jersey, USA
Member #

North West Jersey here. The only trails my truck has seen are at the VOR. Signed up again for this year. Mid Atlantic overland should have the NJ trans trail available in April.
I plan on attending VOR this year, too. Would be cool to have a meet-up somewhere in North Jersey and caravan to the event.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Scott.Coco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mansfield, PA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Cocolin
Member #

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Burlington, NJ here. OB#0313. Like Phil said, there are tons of legal roads to explore in the Pine Barrens but you have to remember that "off-roading" is ILLEGAL in any State Park in NJ. Stay on the roads and rely on google maps to make sure the road you're on is a road and you're not "off-roading". Biggest tire allowed by law in the PB is 36". Your vehicle must be 100% street legal as well. The rangers and park police do patrol and don't play around. Recently they've been writing tickets for people with any kind of light bar above their head lights. This includes pods by the windshield.

But if you ever want a guide who knows the PB like the back of his hand, come find me!