Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Franklin, NC, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Crawford
Member #

Hi Nate, welcome to OB. Can you tell me some more about Hurricane Creek trail? Just like you I’m always looking for some good places to go wheeling.
I don't really know much about Hurricane Creek besides what I've seen on YouTube. I believe the channel "Sir William Goes" has a video explaining how to get to it, and footage on the trail itself.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi Nate, welcome to OB. Can you tell me some more about Hurricane Creek trail? Just like you I’m always looking for some good places to go wheeling.
I just got back from a trip through Hurricane Creek, we saw a lot of stock trucks going through but we only went in to camp and back out the same way. I've heard that there are some hairy sections on up the trail but haven't been through in at least 5 years.

IMG_0932.jpg

_MG_2243.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Wallygator

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
I just got back from a trip through Hurricane Creek, we saw a lot of stock trucks going through but we only went in to camp and back out the same way. I've heard that there are some hairy sections on up the trail but haven't been through in at least 5 years.

View attachment 124340

View attachment 124343
I heard this is now closed to public use due to overuse and trail destruction...Have not personally confirmed. Also heard the forest service is handing out tickets and has cameras setup. Again, not confirmed.

yacksonk

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Leicester, NC, USA
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Chastain
Member #

I've just heard about the hurricane creek trail and looking to go out there soon. I know there were some in Cullowhee a few years ago but I'm sure if they are still there.

yacksonk

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Leicester, NC, USA
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Chastain
Member #

Looking for some trails to try out in the surrounding Asheville area this weekend or next. Any advice or anyone going out?

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hey guys!

I am John and I am back as the NC/SC member rep!

I am available as a resource for info on trails, OB events, campsites, member meetups, etc! Don’t be stranger!

Happy trails