Enthusiast II

Eastern NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hector
Service Branch
USAF
I'm in Rose Hill... about 45 minutes from CLNC, about 45 minutes to ILM, about an hour or so to New Bern. Would love to get some folks together at some point.

rghbsn

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eastern NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hector
Service Branch
USAF
I've been out of state for work... just picked up a RTT and an m101a2 this week, though. Those should add to the fun.

Brian Root

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RFE
I’m in Wilmington. Went out to the Pisgah National Forest last weekend and Brown Mountain OHV park, decent wheeling, but go early before the crowds.IMG_0498.JPG

rghbsn

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eastern NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hector
Service Branch
USAF
Nice!! Looks like it's wide enough for the Raptor... that's one of my concerns. That I'll get somewhere and can't fit my wide lady down the trails.

Brian Root

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RFE
Nice!! Looks like it's wide enough for the Raptor... that's one of my concerns. That I'll get somewhere and can't fit my wide lady down the trails.
It would be tight in a few places, but you'd be okay. It was definitely worth the $5 day pass

zanethan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, North Carolina
First Name
Zane
Last Name
Campen
Croatan National Forest is near you as well. They have some forest service roads that you can use I believe. I believe there’s also an OHV park near New Bern but I could be wrong about that. If you go back in the Croatan watch out for mud holes. They can be quite deep and have claimed more than one rig.

Reactions: Brian Root

Brian Root

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RFE
Plan on heading out on the beach at Fort Fisher the next weekend or two if anyone wants to try and meet up

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

It will be tight a few places for a big ol' raptor. The trail up to mountain is plenty wide enough but then the horseshoe loop to head back down is much tighter and will give you some pin stripes on your panels and roof. Just a heads up

gothnate

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Franklin, NC, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Crawford
Member #

Hi. I'm Nate from Franklin, NC. Just signed up the other day. I have a 2016 Toyota 4runner as my rig. I'd like to find some good starter trails in my area. I know Hurricane Creek is on the way to Asheville, but I'd like to find something I can run nearby on a day off. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!

Brian Root

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RFE
Hi. I'm Nate from Franklin, NC. Just signed up the other day. I have a 2016 Toyota 4runner as my rig. I'd like to find some good starter trails in my area. I know Hurricane Creek is on the way to Asheville, but I'd like to find something I can run nearby on a day off. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!
Hi Nate, welcome to OB. Can you tell me some more about Hurricane Creek trail? Just like you I’m always looking for some good places to go wheeling.