North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

BowmanOverlander

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hickory, NC
Member #

I haven't been down that way in a while, just going off second hand news. Seems to me the people who live on that road only have issues when people are being dumb and destroying the road.
Same here, haven’t been in 6-12 months myself either and going off of reading. I can’t say I’d be the same way if I was a local. Those people ruin it for the people just trying to get a local ride.

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

I'm planning on heading out west May 18-20. There's a place near Linville/Jonas Ridge that's really cool. I'd also like to try to find the Ghost town in Mortimer up there by Wilson Creek area.

I've contacted a few members to see if they can convoy/link up. But would love to get up with others.
Let me know, I should be free i believe.

Reactions: slonneberg

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Hey everyone we are headed to uwharrie today through Sunday if anyone would like to join. It is going to be wet out there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: slonneberg

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Hey everyone we are headed to uwharrie today through Sunday if anyone would like to join. It is going to be wet out there lol

If you guys have a chance this weekend, stop by the benifiet event being held across the road from the outpost. It is to help out Scott fields,.who is going through some health issues. I do not personally know Scott, but from what I understand he has done tons of work to make off roading what it is today.

Reactions: tsteb112 and Pappy

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
If you guys have a chance this weekend, stop by the benifiet event being held across the road from the outpost. It is to help out Scott fields,.who is going through some health issues. I do not personally know Scott, but from what I understand he has done tons of work to make off roading what it is today.
Thanks I’ve seen this on Facebook and they have a good turnout. We may check it out tomorrow

Reactions: Junktj

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
We are going Saturday we will keep an eye out for you. We will be in a gray jeep Rubicon 4 door.
Not sure if you know what I drive but it’s a graphite grand Cherokee there will also be a green bronco, yellow cj and tan yj

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Looks like it will be sometime afternoon before we make it. This will be the first outing in the jeep she needs to get her shoes dirty!

Reactions: RickLB

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Sorry we didn't see you tsteb112. Did you run across the vehicle fire? We just came to the end of a trail when a fire truck went past when we got to Dicky Bell parking lot we were told a vehicle was fully engulfed in flame. They didn't say if anyone was hurt. It's a good reminder for everyone to check your fire extinguisher or get one.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Sorry we didn't see you tsteb112. Did you run across the vehicle fire? We just came to the end of a trail when a fire truck went past when we got to Dicky Bell parking lot we were told a vehicle was fully engulfed in flame. They didn't say if anyone was hurt. It's a good reminder for everyone to check your fire extinguisher or get one.
That’s ok. Sorry I missed you too. We had a time of Dickey bell taking some hard lines. I heard about the fire but didn’t see anything picture wise

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Any NCers have good routes starting near Linville Gorge area and going north? How are the FS roads in eastern Pisgah NF and going north?

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Reactions: Pappy