North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Bummed I missed the Smoky Mtn overland rally. Forgot about it and didn’t remember until a few of you posted. I don’t see a thread on here or anyplace else. How was it? Anyone posting their recaps anywhere? This forum or others? Thanks

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

I may be heading back to NC after a 4 year trip living in Colorado,California and Texas. Spent around 200 days a year off road. Next few years will be spent traveling the East Coast will be based in LKN area.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

slonneberg

Rank 0

Traveler I

SE NC
I'm planning on heading out west May 18-20. There's a place near Linville/Jonas Ridge that's really cool. I'd also like to try to find the Ghost town in Mortimer up there by Wilson Creek area.

I've contacted a few members to see if they can convoy/link up. But would love to get up with others.

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
I'm planning on heading out west May 18-20. There's a place near Linville/Jonas Ridge that's really cool. I'd also like to try to find the Ghost town in Mortimer up there by Wilson Creek area.

I've contacted a few members to see if they can convoy/link up. But would love to get up with others.
That would be cool. What area are you talking about near linville/Jonas ridge you are wanting to see?
Let me check with my better half and will see if we are free that weekend...

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Spot down Forestry road 982 off hwy 181, it’s got some primitive camps sites along the Upper Creek.
Ok, took me a minute but I figured out where you are taking about . I usually spend more time a little farther North , toward the middle or top of the Wilson creek area.

If you are looking for very mild trail riding, old house gap road is a few miles above that spot, and you wouldn't be very far from Brown mtn ohv area. Both easy rides in a 4wd.

dougie117

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Based in Charlotte. Heading to Hurricane Creek this Saturday 5/12 to check it out for the first time. Then on to Max Patch to revist that. Then maybe head on to Wolf Creek Falls. Anyone interested? I'm riding a JK and going with a friend in a Tacoma who may have a few other Tacoma buddies join in.

Been to Uwharrie twice this year. Got a annual pass so I'll be back again and again and again. So much to do there and so many trails.

BowmanOverlander

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hickory, NC
Member #

Based in Charlotte. Heading to Hurricane Creek this Saturday 5/12 to check it out for the first time. Then on to Max Patch to revist that. Then maybe head on to Wolf Creek Falls. Anyone interested? I'm riding a JK and going with a friend in a Tacoma who may have a few other Tacoma buddies join in.

Been to Uwharrie twice this year. Got a annual pass so I'll be back again and again and again. So much to do there and so many trails.
Went last weekend for my first time and enjoyed it!

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
I believe it just got gated either a week or two weeks ago if I’m not mistaken
So word on another forum says Richland road is not gatted, but some of the off the road areas are. The land owners have decided to not try to close the entire road as long as people are respectful

BowmanOverlander

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hickory, NC
Member #

So word on another forum says Richland road is not gatted, but some of the off the road areas are. The land owners have decided to not try to close the entire road as long as people are respectful
Oh ok nice! I was just reading on a fj group I’m on and they had put up some pictures of the gate and mentioned the hell some of the locals gave them but I don’t know first had. Was just going off a post I saw

Reactions: Junktj

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Oh ok nice! I was just reading on a fj group I’m on and they had put up some pictures of the gate and mentioned the hell some of the locals gave them but I don’t know first had. Was just going off a post I saw
I haven't been down that way in a while, just going off second hand news. Seems to me the people who live on that road only have issues when people are being dumb and destroying the road.