East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
North Carolina’s Pisgah national forest offers four trail systems for riding off-highway vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles, 4-wheel-drives and trail bikes. Within these areas, you must stay on signed routes marked with symbols showing the kind of vehicle you’re driving. Resist the urge to create new trails and shortcuts. For the most fun, choose trails that match operating limitations of you an your vehicle. Most areas have maps that show trail difficulty.
We have been on several trails through Pisgah. It's a beautiful area. Hurricane Creek is one of the iconic trails located there just off the interstate.

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

Good Morning!

I’m in Greensboro, NC and I work in Winston. I just got another Jeep and have started my build. Finishing up my suspension, wheels, and tires today. Alignment on Wednesday morning. Before I head out I want to regear, planing to do that in about a week or two. Has a date been picked for a central meet?

I can help suggest some places in the area for sure. Is there someone leading the charge?

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Crayola_Yee_Yota

Rank III

Influencer II

Hey everyone, unfortunately due to the government shut, I will not be able to get a meet up going until at least the 15th of January. Sorry for the delay! If y’all have some recommendations, maybe a 12:00 lunch meet up with a good ride? Or maybe a evening meet up, and stop by a local brewery? Hope y’all are well.

OperationContingency

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Morganton, NC
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Shores
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Anyone know any places in Charlotte or relatively close to Charlotte to go off-roading?
Near CLT you’re likely looking at Uwharrie National Forest. Might be closed for the season so check with Forest Service maps. Post likely closed due to Gov’t shutdown.

If you’re up for a little drive (2hrs) you can head to Pisgah right outside of Morganton/Marion area. Tons of trails there that I’d be happy to share or show you.

CatPowerDude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC
Member #

Anyone know any places in Charlotte or relatively close to Charlotte to go off-roading?
Uwharrie is your closest off-road spot that I can’t think of but it closes every year in December until March for trail maintenance. So it is closed right now. You can see if brown mtn is open that is near Morganton. Also you can head over to hurricane creek which is close to the NC TN boarder.

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
Brown Mtn closes Jan 1st I believe..Gulches is in SC.
Flats is in NC-but not sure if I am ready for that one? LoL! Looks like you could have some trail damage from that one..

Shyll

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Raeford, North Carolina
Member #

I would be interested in meeting up for some camping or open trail stuff.....the Sportsmobile does not fit on most trails in the east unless they are more open ones. I am working on my Tacoma though so it would be better suited for the smaller trails in the East.

Shyll

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Raeford, North Carolina
Member #

Forgot to mention that the Trans American Trail may be something to check out. It starts in the Outer Banks and goes all the way across the US to the west coast on 90% dirt roads. My son and I are planning on doing the Eastern part of it from the Outer Banks up into WV and then down to Asheville. Definitely a 4 day weekend for that one......but then again...if the government is shut down I may have more time off than I want.

D&Js X

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Forgot to mention that the Trans American Trail may be something to check out. It starts in the Outer Banks and goes all the way across the US to the west coast on 90% dirt roads. My son and I are planning on doing the Eastern part of it from the Outer Banks up into WV and then down to Asheville. Definitely a 4 day weekend for that one......but then again...if the government is shut down I may have more time off than I want.
We were looking into doing the first leg of the TAT sometime this year. The GA Travers is also a good time. Did about half of it on an unexpected road trip and it was great.

ProRunner

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belmont, NC, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

There were several spots along the Catawaba river on the Charlotte side. But due to disrespectful people and ever growing land development's they are inaccessible now. Would love to find some local trails beside Uwharrie...