East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
I'm in NC foothills and we have a small group of guys that go to uwharrie. They close for part of the year though, I believe now until April.
But Pisgah National Forrest is beautiful.
Maybe a trip there after the Chirstmas if anyone would be interested.
Also, look up @generaloverland
Pete is always taling groups out for awesome adventures

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I'm in NC foothills and we have a small group of guys that go to uwharrie. They close for part of the year though, I believe now until April.
But Pisgah National Forrest is beautiful.
Maybe a trip there after the Chirstmas if anyone would be interested.
Also, look up @generaloverland
Pete is always taling groups out for awesome adventures
North Carolina’s Pisgah national forest offers four trail systems for riding off-highway vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles, 4-wheel-drives and trail bikes. Within these areas, you must stay on signed routes marked with symbols showing the kind of vehicle you’re driving. Resist the urge to create new trails and shortcuts. For the most fun, choose trails that match operating limitations of you an your vehicle. Most areas have maps that show trail difficulty.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

The halfway point between Fayetteville, North Carolina and Asheville, North Carolina is:
Winston-Salem, North Carolina

The best city between Fayetteville, NC and Asheville, NC to meet is Winston-Salem, North Carolina which is about 13 miles from the exact midpoint.

The town that marks the exact halfway point is actually Hillsdale, North Carolina.

The closest zip code to the midpoint is 27102.

The exact latitude and longitude coordinates are 36° 0' 30" N and 80° 26' 15" W.

The closest major city that is roughly halfway is Greensboro, NC.

The total driving distance from Fayetteville, NC to Asheville, NC is 263 miles or 423 kilometers.

Each person would then have to drive about 132 miles to meet in the middle.

It will take about 2 hours and 18 minutes for each driver to arrive at the meeting point.

Reactions: Pappy

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Pick a spot and I will try to make it. I would be good to get some folks together!
Pick a spot and I will try to make it. I would be good to get some folks together!
Winston Cup Museum & Special Event Center 1355 N Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Winston Salem, NC 27101-3054 this is just a suggestion. My time home will be limited so it would be after Christmas .. maybe between the 28th Dec & 3rd of Jan ... I return back to Afghanistan on 4 Jan. I do not have a particular route to Off Road on because I am not familiar with the area ... do you have any suggestions?

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Winston Cup Museum & Special Event Center 1355 N Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Winston Salem, NC 27101-3054 this is just a suggestion. My time home will be limited so it would be after Christmas .. maybe between the 28th Dec & 3rd of Jan ... I return back to Afghanistan on 4 Jan. I do not have a particular route to Off Road on because I am not familiar with the area ... do you have any suggestions?
It would need to be the 29th to camp or could do the 30th to just ride. Uwharrie is closed until March I believe. Hurricane creek is good its over near Asheville Maybe someone else has a suggestion. I will go where the trails are!!

alx_alx_69

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hope Mills, NC USA
Member #

HI guys,
I am new here as well and near Fort Bragg NC, wont be able to meet up real soon but wanted to chime in anyways, maybe we can get a NC OB group going, I have yet to hit hurricane trail but hear it is a fun route, most of the driving I have done in NC is the Outer Banks, but would love to have a like minded group to explore some of the other stuff in NC....so far through research I have heard of Hurricane trail right off I40 past Asheville, Gorges State Park is supposed to be a lot of fun, and of course Uwharrie has lots of trails.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

alx_alx-69 I will try and hook up with you on my return home I live in Lillington but, closer to Spring Lake off Ray Road near Anderson Creek. Both my son & son-inlaw are Bragg soldiers as well. Have a Great Day Brother.

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
Short trail at Brown Mtn OHV $5 also but would have to search dates. I haven’t driven but don’t believe it’s difficult at all?

Old NC105 is just a short 13.8mile drive with camping.

Not many OHV parks in NC, but a few forest roads in Pisgah if the gates are open.

Jayhawk_Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hampstead, NC
Member #

I can meet up just about anywhere central NC it is hard for me to get out to the pisgah unless we have at least 4 days off...can’t wait to link with y’all

OperationContingency

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Morganton, NC
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Shores
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello everyone!!! I know we’ve been all over the place with possible meet ups and I can try to coordinate something for us in the Winston Salem/Greensboro area in the future that would be quasi central for all of us.

In the meantime I’ll be headed out this weekend to do Old NC HWY 105 around the Linville Gorge this weekend.

If you’ve never done this route it’s beautiful and at the end of the trail you can hike about 0.4 miles to see the beautiful Linville Waterfalls. Also, not far from the trailhead is Louises Resturant that is fantastic if you’d like some good home cooking and fellowship.

Date: 22 December 2018

Details: Meet up at Lake James State Park (Paddy’s Creek entrance 7321 NC Hwy 126
Nebo, NC 28761). When you pull into the park go about 300-500 feet and there is a road on the right that’s a lookout area. I’ll be waiting there.

Time: I will be leaving the State Park at 10am sharp, I’ll get there around 9:30 if anybody would like to hang out for a few minutes.

Me: I’ll be in a white 4Runner, taller guy 6’3, goofy looking,lol.

Comms: I’ll be in CB channel 16 (Overland Bound preferred) and my cell phone of your coming but running a few minutes behind 7046407603.

Looking forward to seeing some of you!

Last edited: