Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Overland Rig meetup! we've has a great success getting together and hanging out and different breweries in the Triangle. October we can do Norse Brewing! They have a full Resturant on site too with awesome food. Parking may be a little funky but I'll be in contact with the owner to figure out best spots for us and will update accordingly.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Tapowers55

geotech94

Rank I

Traveler I

Saxapahaw, NC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Harwood
Member #

I just joined the community and I'm interested in learning more. I'll plan to attend this event and hopefully meet some folks with similar interests. I'm new to the hobby, so my "rig" consists of my daily driver (a stock 4wd Tundra) with a bed tent and air mattress. I need to somehow convince my wife that camping this way can be fun. We may start by renting an off-road trailer for a weekend and work on it from there. But I think going with a group event would be a better experience for her and our daughter (6-yrs old). I see that there is an Ocracoke event planned - but unfortunately it's a week too late for us as we have a cabin rental in Myrtle Beach for much of that week during my daughter's fall break from school. We may just wing it ourselves at Cape Lookout / Great Island for a weekend. But I would love to get some insider tips from the pros during this brewery event.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I just joined the community and I'm interested in learning more. I'll plan to attend this event and hopefully meet some folks with similar interests. I'm new to the hobby, so my "rig" consists of my daily driver (a stock 4wd Tundra) with a bed tent and air mattress. I need to somehow convince my wife that camping this way can be fun. We may start by renting an off-road trailer for a weekend and work on it from there. But I think going with a group event would be a better experience for her and our daughter (6-yrs old). I see that there is an Ocracoke event planned - but unfortunately it's a week too late for us as we have a cabin rental in Myrtle Beach for much of that week during my daughter's fall break from school. We may just wing it ourselves at Cape Lookout / Great Island for a weekend. But I would love to get some insider tips from the pros during this brewery event.

Welcome man! I think you've got a great plan as it's all about comfort and enjoying yourself off-road. Not a king of the hammers race, lol. Be great to see you there! I'll have my wife and 2 kids with us as well one is my 5yo son the other is my 1.5yo daughter. There's another guy coming named Jason who comes with his wife and 5yo daughter.

If nothing else they can talk about how nuts we are and enjoy some good and drinks! Haha. Your Tundra is very capable as is, so no worries there. We can chat more when we get together but happy to hit the trails with you anytime and have a few things planned. I have a full sized F150 so I'm right there with ya!

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Great and thanks! I look forward to meeting everyone!
I just realized your in Saxapahaw too, one of my favorite places. The haw river ballroom is my favourite venue of anywhere I've been for a show. We should do the next one at the brewery in Saxapahaw!

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Would a couple of senior citizens be welcome? We generally run solo but our six year old grand daughter has made a few trips with us which she seemed to enjoy but I think it would be more fun for her if shared with other kids.

Reactions: Maverick9110E

geotech94

Rank I

Traveler I

Saxapahaw, NC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Harwood
Member #

The brewery in Saxapahaw (The Eddy) would be a good future venue - absolutely.

And I'm sure that my daughter would love to be able to meet some other kids her age, so "huachuca" we would look forwarding to meeting you. You're probably not that much older than me :-)

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

The brewery in Saxapahaw (The Eddy) would be a good future venue - absolutely.

And I'm sure that my daughter would love to be able to meet some other kids her age, so "huachuca" we would look forwarding to meeting you. You're probably not that much older than me :-)
Heck, I'm older than most everybody but still enjoy meeting those with similar interests. Hope things work out and we'll be able to put faces with names soon.

Al

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Would a couple of senior citizens be welcome? We generally run solo but our six year old grand daughter has made a few trips with us which she seemed to enjoy but I think it would be more fun for her if shared with other kids.
Absolutely!! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Looking at the brewery in Saxapahaw, we can rent it to ourselves for 2 hours for a very small fee. We can chat more when we meet up but I think it would be good for a November meetup! I'm thinking November 7th for a brewery Meetup and the following weekend for a trail ride out in Linville gorge area.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I've highlighted some reccomended parking areas. Parking together will be tough or impossible. No places charge for parking downtown, just a matter of finding a spot. As far as the brewery we will start out by saying we'll be either downstairs or under the tent off the back of the downstairs area of the building. I'll advise when i'm there but feel free to text my cell number (listed in the rally point) when you get there and see where we are. Should be AMAZING weather!! I'll be there a little early to get the lay of the land.

Attachments

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Definitely! Thanks everyone who showed up, hope everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time! I know my family did. I'm going to try and put together another one the first Saturday (the 7th) in Saxapahaw and also hopefully put a trip together out towards Linville gorge area on 11/14. I'll make a Rallypoint for each though if I do.