Enthusiast III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Dashney
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm from Edmonton, AB, Canada. I thought I would share and continue my trailer build and journey here. While I first started the build journal on Expedition Portal (prior to joining OB), I thought I would update going forward on both forums.

BACKSTORY
My wife and I put down a deposit for an October 2021 delivery of our Semi-Custom Northern Teardrop Trailer (NTT) from Salmo BC. They built only the empty teardrop shell. The chasis was my design and had a friend fabricate it. He has made chassis for Offgrid Trailers and Mission Overland, so no better person. The interior of the teardrop, I built with my father and father-in-law. I also designed the tongue box but had it made by my chassis guy. I built the entire roof rack system out of 80/20. By April 2021, the chassis was completed and I drove it out to Salmo, BC. In November 2021, I did a 36 hour trip to/from Salmo, BC to pick-up the 2/3 completed teardrop, ready for the interior, 12v wiring and roof rack that I would do.

To read the full story until now, visit here: Backstory & build journal on Expedition Portal

Quick video shot before we had setout from Edmonton, AB to the US for a 21 day, 8400KM trip this past April. A better one will be shot this fall: Amazing Custom Off-Road Teardrop Trailer Walk Around

Here are a few photos of the trailer as of now.

Attachments

Last edited:

North53Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Dashney
Member #

Looks awesome. Nice job.
Thanks. Just edited the post with a link to a quick walk around on YouTube for all to see.
Love that magnetic storage but that projection screen blew my mind. Not sure I would have thought of that.
Thanks. We love movies so adding one was a must. Took me a while to figure out what I wanted and how. We paid it with a Nebula Capsule II Projector. So far it works great.

Reactions: Dave Snyder