• HTML tutorial

Cayenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, CA 94587
Member #

Hello,

I am trying to find some camping sites which are 3-4 hours away from the SF East Bay area. We prefer close to lake or hiking trails. We all are new to the camping (except me--5 camping trips for me, I know its still new by OB standards) and will be travelling in FJ cruiser, Stock Grand Cherokee, Stock GX470 and may be a MDX. I think all of the SUVs can handle light trail (may be except MDX).

I will appreciate if you guys can suggest some sites. Sites can be primitive or proper sites and we are looking to plan the trip in next 3 weeks.

Thanks

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Meadow lake. That whole area is beautiful.
80 to Truckee
Head North on 89 for 14.6 miles
Turn left at parking lot and restrooms. Continue up that paved road for about 9 miles. There is a helipad on your right, go another 1/3 mile and turn left. The road gets rougher then turns to gravel. Stay in main road for about 10 miles and you will be at lake.
Meadow lake is the Summit of Fordyce trail, so you may see some extreme rock crawling rigs. It's fun to watch them and not a bad walk down Fordyce. Check for fire restrictions and go explore Jackson meadows, lake in the woods, or Independence.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Cayenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, CA 94587
Member #

Meadow lake. That whole area is beautiful.
80 to Truckee
Head North on 89 for 14.6 miles
Turn left at parking lot and restrooms. Continue up that paved road for about 9 miles. There is a helipad on your right, go another 1/3 mile and turn left. The road gets rougher then turns to gravel. Stay in main road for about 10 miles and you will be at lake.
Meadow lake is the Summit of Fordyce trail, so you may see some extreme rock crawling rigs. It's fun to watch them and not a bad walk down Fordyce. Check for fire restrictions and go explore Jackson meadows, lake in the woods, or Independence.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

upload_2017-9-20_13-19-31.png

Does this look right??

Attachments

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

That looks right, although I'm looking at a cell phone screen.

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!