Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

That wound suggest that these gatherings would attract more of a local crowd with a random out of towner? I live two and a half hours north of Sacramento and driving five hours for an evening event might be a stretch.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
That wound suggest that these gatherings would attract more of a local crowd with a random out of towner? I live two and a half hours north of Sacramento and driving five hours for an evening event might be a stretch.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app
Yeah, it's usually mostly locals just having a beer. SF sometimes has a bigger weekend meetup on Sunday morning at Black Diamond Cafe in Emeryville, there are both OB and some other expedition web site's folks there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Yeah, it's usually mostly locals just having a beer. SF sometimes has a bigger weekend meetup on Sunday morning at Black Diamond Cafe in Emeryville, there are both OB and some other expedition web site's folks there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I think it's usually a lot of ExpeditionPortal and NorCal FJ guys. the two times I have been there, it's a good turn out

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I see Bay Area meets every now and then on the calendar and in the forum, but nothing regular. I think Sacramento has one every week. I can't commit to every week, but I could commit to one or two a month in the South Bay if we want to set up a regular meeting place on a specific day, ie first and third Tuesday, etc.
Some come every week, others whenever they can make it. The idea behind weekly is that you have 4 chances a month to make it without a conflict in your schedule. By no means do we commit to come every week. It's worked out well so far. Tonight we had a dozen people :-)

IMG_6315.JPG

Last edited:

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

im trying to plan a trip out to Hollister Hills for a little camping/wheeling (im in Concord) i've never been there but have heard alot of people talk about it and my girl will finally have a weekend off. Plan is to meetup saturday morning, the 22nd, and head there. Mess around saturday, camp saturday night. then hangout/mess around sunday and leave sunday afternoon/evening. Would anybody else be down to go? Feel like it would be best to try to get others to go since i have never been there and hopefully you have haha

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

im trying to plan a trip out to Hollister Hills for a little camping/wheeling (im in Concord) i've never been there but have heard alot of people talk about it and my girl will finally have a weekend off. Plan is to meetup saturday morning, the 22nd, and head there. Mess around saturday, camp saturday night. then hangout/mess around sunday and leave sunday afternoon/evening. Would anybody else be down to go? Feel like it would be best to try to get others to go since i have never been there and hopefully you have haha
Hmmm this sounds awesome

Reactions: DuncNasty08

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Really fun place, lots to do on the trails and some obstacles to try. Just went yesterday wish I could show you around but I'll be gone the 22nd.

-Camp at Sycamore campground. More shade and bathrooms are good. They also have hot showers there. I say that because at the end of the day is a good idea to take a shower with Tecnu due to the poison oak in the area. Or at least arms and face.

-Bring your own wood to burn, do not collect any there, same reason.. Oak.

- grab a map at the entrance, most trails are marked. Green and blue are not hard and some balcony diamonds are easy too it's just because they are a little steeper. But with the good weather it's mostly drying up so traction is it a problem

- go all the way to the top (McCray rd) for lunch. It's a nice view up there

- regret doing frame twister, done it plenty of times and usually is just water in there. There was tons of mud in there and took me 4 hrs to pleasure wash everything to get it all out back to super clean undercarriage.

@cam_toyota_tech