New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Hi to all. My name is Chris and I live and work in southern NH. I have owned several 4x4's over the years including my current new to me 2011 Wrangler JKU Sport. I have been working towards making it an even more capable off-road rig. The jeep came with many mods from the previous owner including 13000 lb winch, front and rear bumpers (not sure what they are), AEV leveling lift, not sure of the height but the lift along with the bushwacker flares has created plenty of room for larger tires. It also has a POD with 3 sets of led off-road lighting and 3 additional unused switched which I plan to use with future mods.

My mods thus far:
  • Metalcloak rear diff skid plate and evap relocation kit
  • Rubicon express oil pan skid
  • Flowmaster American Thunder high clearance cat back exhaust (I can hear the engine now!)
  • 315x70x17" Milestar Patagonia mud terrains
  • Odyssey Extreme series battery
Future mods:
  • Dynatrack Pro rock 44 front with 4.88 gearing and ARB locker
  • re-gear to 4.88 with ARB locker in the rear
  • ARB dual air compressor
  • Metalcloak 3.5" game changer lift
  • more under armor skid plates
  • move to 37" tires
In the past, I've mostly been into single day off-roading but am interested in over landing. Therefore I have been researching lots of gear for this purpose. I love to ride topless and doorless so a roof rack and roof top tent are not currently in the mix.

I'll post pics soon.

I am looking forward to meeting other OB members in the north east and all over for that matter. I have tentative plans to attend either EJS or Overland West in 2020.

Lastly for now...A big shout out to Michael for everything he does and for founding this organization. Great job! Looking forward to the new app!

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Thanks Roots66! I have not been to Texas in way too long. A good friend of mine splits his time between Austin and Brazil. I bought a 1996 Corvette Grand Sport from just outside of Austin several years ago and drove it back to NH. Fell in love with Austin during my time there.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks Roots66! I have not been to Texas in way too long. A good friend of mine splits his time between Austin and Brazil. I bought a 1996 Corvette Grand Sport from just outside of Austin several years ago and drove it back to NH. Fell in love with Austin during my time there.
I had a 2001 Z51 Corvette ragtop that I took from TX to MA. Drove it a few time in NH, but the winters made me give it up. Back in TX and not missing the snow. Austin is getting to big for it's infrastructure and the traffic is horrendous now.

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
I had a 2001 Z51 Corvette ragtop that I took from TX to MA. Drove it a few time in NH, but the winters made me give it up. Back in TX and not missing the snow. Austin is getting to big for it's infrastructure and the traffic is horrendous now.
Bummer to read that Austin is getting too big and traffic horrendous. When I was there about 6 years ago traffic did not seem too bad. I had a great time there.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi to all. My name is Chris and I live and work in southern NH. I have owned several 4x4's over the years including my current new to me 2011 Wrangler JKU Sport. I have been working towards making it an even more capable off-road rig. The jeep came with many mods from the previous owner including 13000 lb winch, front and rear bumpers (not sure what they are), AEV leveling lift, not sure of the height but the lift along with the bushwacker flares has created plenty of room for larger tires. It also has a POD with 3 sets of led off-road lighting and 3 additional unused switched which I plan to use with future mods.

My mods thus far:
  • Metalcloak rear diff skid plate and evap relocation kit
  • Rubicon express oil pan skid
  • Flowmaster American Thunder high clearance cat back exhaust (I can hear the engine now!)
  • 315x70x17" Milestar Patagonia mud terrains
  • Odyssey Extreme series battery
Future mods:
  • Dynatrack Pro rock 44 front with 4.88 gearing and ARB locker
  • re-gear to 4.88 with ARB locker in the rear
  • ARB dual air compressor
  • Metalcloak 3.5" game changer lift
  • more under armor skid plates
  • move to 37" tires
In the past, I've mostly been into single day off-roading but am interested in over landing. Therefore I have been researching lots of gear for this purpose. I love to ride topless and doorless so a roof rack and roof top tent are not currently in the mix.

I'll post pics soon.

I am looking forward to meeting other OB members in the north east and all over for that matter. I have tentative plans to attend either EJS or Overland West in 2020.

Lastly for now...A big shout out to Michael for everything he does and for founding this organization. Great job! Looking forward to the new app!
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Team Harrington your local member rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Thanks Joel...I have a cousin who lives just outside of Greensboro. Drove my dad and my aunt to her home for a visit 3 years ago. Loved the area.

Reactions: JoelIII

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Thanks Joel...I have a cousin who lives just outside of Greensboro. Drove my dad and my aunt to her home for a visit 3 years ago. Loved the area.
I traveled near that area a few times to and fro. Its funny that I've been in this state for about 9 years and some change together but I haven't been able to explore to much outside of the local coastal area... work keeps me tied down way more than I'd like most days but it pays the bills.

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

Thanks! We will have to meet up and do some exploring!
Works for me. I'm relatively new to it so I'm still trying to find some good trails.

Check out /join ExploringNH as well. They are a good group of guys/gals that know the area and often try to do runs of varying difficulty. They do have and enforce minimum equipment lists (which I imagine you either have or close to having). I finally brought my X up to those so hopefully will be getting out more with them.