Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I'm not trying to promote this product. But I am curious what everybody thinks.

link
1585262203599.png

First; is this an item you would consider buying vs making and does this one look like a good addition to your gear.

Second; do you feel comfortable with crowd-sourced products and websites.

My thoughts. I like the idea of a self contained unit I could strap in and use and then remove when I get back. This checks a lot of boxes of things that would be nice that I don't have. The indiegogo is my problem. In the time it takes for them to finish making it, why don't I just make my own.

What do you think?

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'm sorry, but for $700, that's a hard no from me. It only appears to have a sink, stove slide out, and cutting board. No drawers or other storage of any kind. That limits its usefulness to me.

If it was 300, and had an option to have a drawer, and no sink, I'd give it another look.

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

Cool looking unit but it isn't nearly as refined as the pullkitchen that Papabear is building.

700.00 seems like a bargain for that unit. When you factor a couple sheets of marine grade birch plywood, full extension drawer slides, and labor.... doesn't leave much for profit.

I've been building similar units in my cabinet shop and my cost of materials alone easily exceed 700.00. By the time I factor in labor and overhead.... .. It gets pretty expensive. IMG_0411.jpg Best option if you have the time is to build your own.

Bad Road Pic 1.jpgIMG_0419.jpg

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I answered a survey for the Pull Kitchen by Papabear. One of the questions was about the price. I thought his suggested selling price was too high, but then I started pricing out a similar build. I no longer think his price is too high. I think I'm too cheap. The slides alone are almost $1000. Add in the sink and the ACM material and I think his build price is reasonable.

Reactions: surfnturf

tim.lemons

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lemons
Member #

Cool looking unit but it isn't nearly as refined as the pullkitchen that Papabear is building.

700.00 seems like a bargain for that unit. When you factor a couple sheets of marine grade birch plywood, full extension drawer slides, and labor.... doesn't leave much for profit.

I've been building similar units in my cabinet shop and my cost of materials alone easily exceed 700.00. By the time I factor in labor and overhead.... .. It gets pretty expensive. View attachment 146386 Best option if you have the time is to build your own.

View attachment 146384View attachment 146385
The Pull Kitchen looks awesome, but starts at $4500. I ordered the Nomad because I can use in in either my JKU or my Tacoma depending on what rig I want to take out. These Bad Road kits look killer as well.

Reactions: surfnturf