• HTML tutorial

Rumrunner O.A.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Shreveport, La
Member #

Hello all.
We have a 2015 gmc sierra that we want to put a roof rack with cargo basket on. I've looked at a lot of options but can't seem to find any that doesn't require drilling into my trucks roof. The truck doesn't have gutter rails so it narrows my choices. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Not recommending but curious so I'm sure will get response. Has anyone tried 3m vhb tape? Used by commercial solar installers like AM to install no holes panels. Demos on YouTube. Pretty amazing. Probably get panned but only way to learn!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Penny Money

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nyc
Member #

I think Thule should have something that would work like a universal foot pegs.. I have their cross bars, pegs and basket and have used on multiple vehicles. I'm going to see if i can fit it to the farm truck (Gmc 3500 hd wt)

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Rumrunner O.A.

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Here's an option. Can't tell if you have to drill into the bed of the truck, or if it clamps. Kinda pricey though:

https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/adv-rack-system-gm/

Video Review of the system:
Adv rack is 1900 and clamps to bed! What a tank but by watching install video better have a buddy and beer....lotsa bolts to install. Interesting physics...it came cantilevers off the bed..lottabucks..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk