Midland, TX
Member #

Summary:
Coordinates: 33.0961, -105.8856
Near: Cloudcroft, NM on the NMBDR
On the North side of the road East side of the cattleguard
Trackable: Custom Overland Bound Ambassador Coin w/ Member #7395

Details:
From March 28-31, 2019 my son and I drove the first half of the New Mexico Back Country Discovery Route (NMBDR). We started in Del City, TX and got off the trail in Reserve, NM. On the second day we stopped outside Ruidoso, NM and dropped an Overland Bound specific GeoCache with a custom Overland Bound Ambassador Coin. My member number is on the coin, so it could be considered a Trackable. The container is an Altoids can covered in duct tape.

OBCACHE-2.jpg
I labelled it as Overland Bound Geocache 7395a:
OBCACHE-3.jpg

I created this post before but it has disappeared. The first time I gave hints before I gave the coordinates, just in case anyone wanted a bigger challenge. This time I will just get to the point.

It is under a tree Northwest of Cloudcroft, NM covered by some rocks.

OBCACHE-5.jpg

OBCACHE-6.jpg

OBCACHE-7.jpg

OBCACHE-12.JPG

Whitesands Missle Range can be seen to the West.

OBCACHE-9.jpg

My original map showed it to be on the edge of the National Forest but when I got home it appears that it may be outside the National Forest BLM land. It is right next to the road so I do not think there will be a problem with collecting it.

OBCACHE-11.JPG

The location is: 33.0961, -105.8856

OBCACHE-4.jpg

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Attachments

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

Matt, your cache has been discovered as of this morning. Not sure what to do with it so I put it in a plastic bowl with a pencil, notebook, OB decal and placed it back in its original location.
View attachment 126834
View attachment 126835
Oh man, that's so cool!! I love that you upgraded and put it back. I guess you are now the owner of the first Geocached Ambassador Coin. Thanks so much for letting us know you found it. I look forward to seeing how others join in. - Matt L.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Oh man, that's so cool!! I love that you upgraded and put it back. I guess you are now the owner of the first Geocached Ambassador Coin. Thanks so much for letting us know you found it. I look forward to seeing how others join in. - Matt L.
Ha, I didn’t open the tin...so the coin is still in there!