Nissan Patrol (Turbo Diesel)

• HTML tutorial

Offroad Touring

Rank III

Advocate II

We bought our Nissan Patrol back in 2007, After leaving the showroom with only a bulbar the modifications soon began. I have tried several suspension cominnations and also many different brands of tires. We have covered many parts of Australia. The Nissan has done 330k and is still a very capable touring machine!

The Nissan Patrol is my daily driver and this has been kept in mind with everything I have done to it. From the Victorian High Country to the Australian outback we have always got home safely.

Here is a List of what I have done!

*Snorkel
*Roofrack
*Kaymar shovel mount
*2 ARB Awnings.
*Warn Winch
*Lightforce Driving Lights
"Oldman Emu Suspension
*KM2 Mud Terrain tires
*Dual Battery system
*DIY rear storgage
*ARB Fridge
*Kaymar rear bar (Bumper)

Here are a few images of the Nissan Patrol.

Out of the showroom.

The new car smell has long since been replaced with dust and dirt, which is why we head off the grid!

Installing the Old Man Emu Suspension.

Rubilocal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

So just this morning I saw on my Facebook feed a write up that Nissan is dumping the Armada line and rumor has it changing it to the Patrol platform. Apparently they have already done this with the infinity line.
There is hope after all, won't be the diesel but should be the 5.6 v8
S

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

That would be a step in the right direction! The 5.6 makes a ton of power, but it has some reliability issues. I loved a lot of things about my Xterra, I'd seriously consider going to back to a Nissan if they were selling the Patrol.

Rubilocal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

That would be a step in the right direction! The 5.6 makes a ton of power, but it has some reliability issues. I loved a lot of things about my Xterra, I'd seriously consider going to back to a Nissan if they were selling the Patrol.
I have a titan w 5.6 and love it, still just a baby (55k) but so far no issues. I bought it when I wore out my frontier, my wife had the pathfinder and now drives a murano. Nissan has always been the red headed step child when compared to Toyota. The bright spot is that they are more reasonable and I think just as reliable. As you can probably tell all my daily drivers are Nissan, so I have a little brand bias. I think I could easily live with the gas patrol. I hope the rumor mill is right on this one, it would add another capable overland vehicle to today's offering.