Enthusiast II

Colombia, South America
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Varon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
HJ3JVP
So my rig (her name is overland.sally) I purchase her 10 year ago and been building her up since then and seeing what its missing every time we go out. So right now she haves a 2" lift suspension with reinforce spring and shock absorbers in the back
20190907_130432.jpg

a DIY storage system made of 1.2mm wood

20210203_161846.jpg

A dual battery system but control 3 batteries. (1 car, 2 house with one AGM 120 ahm) and completely independent electrical system for all the accessories
20150725_154641.jpg20150726_132947.jpg20210410_152009.jpg20150725_111753.jpg

a RTT and awning that I bought second hand from a polish couple that pass by my country and needed money

2019-08-07 21.25.37.jpgconcha 2017.jpeg.jpg

for comunication we have a ham radio kenwood TM-270 of 50W and a couple of handys
and we have onboard computer systems. to keep an eye in the engine in real time. in the city use the small one and on the trip the full screen one that give much more info.
We also carry a Garmin GPS as a backup unit and on the phone different GPS apps

20210814_105905.jpg20210817_194059.jpg

also have a onboard tyre pressure and temp unit

20210819_080425.jpg

for light we have a 12 spot and flood light up front and a 360 degrees light for camping and trail ride. plus some chase lights

20211110_161108.jpg20210730_090038.jpg20200312_124216.jpg

so fare this is the build. If you will like to see more, please follow me in Instagram @overland.sally

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Nice looking rig and great photos on your Instagram. One thing we regret is not leaving any time to explore more of southern Colombia. We extended our tourist permits and TIP but ended up staying in Villa de Leyva for 2 months, having us on a short timeline as we were heading to Ecuador. We did visit Tierradentro, what a wonderful archaeological site. When we make it back to South America we will definitely spend another 6 months in Colombia or maybe just stay there forever ; ) No offense to Canadians, who are very nice indeed, but we have never met anyone as nice as Colombians!

Enthusiast II

Colombia, South America
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Varon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
HJ3JVP
Nice looking rig and great photos on your Instagram. One thing we regret is not leaving any time to explore more of southern Colombia. We extended our tourist permits and TIP but ended up staying in Villa de Leyva for 2 months, having us on a short timeline as we were heading to Ecuador. We did visit Tierradentro, what a wonderful archaeological site. When we make it back to South America we will definitely spend another 6 months in Colombia or maybe just stay there forever ; ) No offense to Canadians, who are very nice indeed, but we have never met anyone as nice as Colombians!
Villa de leyva is a very nice town. Bad that you guy miss all the south. There are very nice places there. You are welcome to come to visit or live. There is a comercial of Colombia that say the only danger is that you will never want to leave

Reactions: John and Mandi

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Villa de leyva is a very nice town. Bad that you guy miss all the south. There are very nice places there. You are welcome to come to visit or live. There is a comercial of Colombia that say the only danger is that you will never want to leave
That is an accurate commercial. We didn't explore Brazil up to Venezuela and we missed Paraguay so we'll need to ship the van back (or whatever vehicle we have then) to finish S.A. While we're there we figure we should visit Colombia again then ship to Panama and run C.A. back to the US. It would be hard to not drive Ecuador, Peru, Chile...so we'll just end up driving the Americas all over again but northbound the second time :tearsofjoy:.

Enthusiast II

Colombia, South America
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Varon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
HJ3JVP
That is an accurate commercial. We didn't explore Brazil up to Venezuela and we missed Paraguay so we'll need to ship the van back (or whatever vehicle we have then) to finish S.A. While we're there we figure we should visit Colombia again then ship to Panama and run C.A. back to the US. It would be hard to not drive Ecuador, Peru, Chile...so we'll just end up driving the Americas all over again but northbound the second time :tearsofjoy:.
You can buy a colombian car, drive all over colombia and then go south. To do all that you have not done and resell the car in Colombia

Enthusiast II

Colombia, South America
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Varon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
HJ3JVP
You can buy a colombian car, drive all over colombia and then go south. To do all that you have not done and resell the car in Colombia
I can help you with that if you what

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
We were actually considering buying a LandCruiser Troop Carrier when we were there. We love that they are used for ambulances etc. We will let you know when we get closer to our plan to complete S.A. We just pulled off the road and are working to replenish our savings. Thanks.

Enthusiast II

Colombia, South America
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Varon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
HJ3JVP
We were actually considering buying a LandCruiser Troop Carrier when we were there. We love that they are used for ambulances etc. We will let you know when we get closer to our plan to complete S.A. We just pulled off the road and are working to replenish our savings. Thanks.
Sure thing. I will be more then happy to help