Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

Anyone have or know someone who has any Nilight products? Are they complete crap? I'd love a full set of Rigid's but definitely can't justify spending more on 6 lights than all of my jeep upgrades combined.

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

I had an amazon light bar on my Jeep for 4 years. The powder coating came off a little bit in the end, but it was REALLY bright. I had a-pillar lights from Rigid that I barely used as they weren’t needed thanks to that light bar. It was $40 and for that price I have no problem running it and replacing it if needed. It got a little moisture in it, but then dried out on a sunny day and never came back, no lights burned out and it was a flood/spot combo. I’m like you and want all the best stuff, but I just don’t have deep enough pockets.

You can see the light bar mounted and a pic in a storm last year, hopefully it does it justice!

Link to the light bar

Attachments

TwoRoadsOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

I had an amazon light bar on my Jeep for 4 years. The powder coating came off a little bit in the end, but it was REALLY bright. I had a-pillar lights from Rigid that I barely used as they weren’t needed thanks to that light bar. It was $40 and for that price I have no problem running it and replacing it if needed. It got a little moisture in it, but then dried out on a sunny day and never came back, no lights burned out and it was a flood/spot combo. I’m like you and want all the best stuff, but I just don’t have deep enough pockets.

You can see the light bar mounted and a pic in a storm last year, hopefully it does it justice!

Link to the light bar
That's kind of what I was thinking. They are aluminum so even if the powder coating comes off, so what? Plus I could get a powder coat touch-up kit or rattle can. You also make a good point about it being cheap enough to replace. Even if I had to replace these lights every year, it would take 3 years to reach the price of a Rigid light.

Reactions: LostMayhem

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

That's kind of what I was thinking. They are aluminum so even if the powder coating comes off, so what? Plus I could get a powder coat touch-up kit or rattle can. You also make a good point about it being cheap enough to replace. Even if I had to replace these lights every year, it would take 3 years to reach the price of a Rigid light.
Exactly my thought and reason for buying. I was going to touch it up with a spray can, but ended up selling the Jeep. I was actually going to remove it and transfer it to my new rig, but again it was so cheap I’ll just buy another and not think twice about it.

Reactions: TwoRoadsOverland

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I have their 4" pods and they work fine. They are no match for my friend's smaller Black Oak pods but they work well enough for the price. I'm not about to spend $200+ on a pair of lights.

This is with just the pods on before I covered the lens with yellow film. They are a spot/flood combo and produce alot of hood glare before the film.

Everything in front of my truck (the one stuck) is the pods.

Last edited:

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Well, all my led lights are cheap amazon lights... most of them are "Kawell"...

They are so cheap that my:

Bumper
2x 36w Flood
2x 36w Spot

Windshield
1x 180w Curved

Bed Rack
5x 18w

Rear bumper
2x 24w Spot

Rock Lights
2x 18w
1x 24w
2x 10w

Cost less than a pair of Rigid of 3"x3" light pods... they may not throw as much light, but its ok for their price! The only thing is that in some I have gotten condensation, issues that you can solve very easy!Photo 1-5-18, 6 44 16 PM.jpg

Reactions: JCWages

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have mostly Amazon lighting, 4" pods, 42" bar, I have one set of high end ditch lights and they are the ones i get condensation in. I spent more on those that all the other combined. All are bright, the Amazon lights are around 6k spectrum and the high ender's are around 5K, that is the major difference to me.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have two of the 18w Nilight spot pods mounted behind a diffuser on my lawn mower. The lights work great and have survived the vibration and heat under the hood of this old Deere for 1 year. These lights made pre-dawn snow plow sessions quite easy this past winter.
IMG_20190903_133808.jpgIMG_20190903_133717.jpg

SCTX

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Clara, TX
First Name
jeff
Last Name
standley
I had two nilight pods on top of my Mule and the lights are tough but the mounts didn't take the abuse of the hunting lease. I now have a 40" bar up there and another 20" on the back and so far so good through the last two seasons. I also have a 30" on the front of my f-250 that is going on 3 years now with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of them for the applications I use them for. Rigid and Black Oak are nice but just not in my budget.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Anyone have or know someone who has any Nilight products? Are they complete crap? I'd love a full set of Rigid's but definitely can't justify spending more on 6 lights than all of my jeep upgrades combined.
I've been running two of the Nilights 7in flood beam pods on the front of my WK2 for about a year now and they have done a fairly good job of lighting up the area in front of my Jeep it really helps fill in the areas that the fog lights can't. It is very helpful at night especially on the trails and even on the road the ability to be able to see off to sides a lot better than the stock headlights and fog lights is very nice. The one part that i will say has been a down fall of these lights is the coating, it has started to degrade within the year that I have had them. I have put around 35,000 miles (that is not a typo) since I installed the lights and after taking them through the mud, snow, dirt, grit, and just having them baking on the front of my jeep in the Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida sun. The coating has definitely taken a beating. Although on that same token the plastic lenses, electronics and, the actual leds themselves have all held up very well. They have not developed a clouded hue or anything of the sort that I've seen on other cheap lights. I don't if they are going to be amazing compared to other more pricey products out there but i think they will do just fine for most people. I hope this gives you some helpful and insightful information.

Last edited:

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have had the same experence as Mr Dominguez above. My budget priced LED's have exceeded my expectations. I do have one set of lights from a company named after a state in Mexico that have not met my expectations, the finish has faded and they have a condensation problem. I do preferethe light "color" from the higher end lights but I do not think it is worth the premium price.