Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'm familiar with the sand gulch campground, but I'm curious what route you're planning to take. Have you ever taken the nearby Banks trail? There's some free camping in that area too if you're so inclined.

Reactions: adv.fam.4

Mike8616

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Think a Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness can make it?
I'm not entirely sure. This is my first time going
I might be able to tell you if you share the route you're planning to take. We have Overland bound events in that area about once a year.
I was going to take 115 down. An come out through cripple creek
I can show you some pretty neat stuff along the way, but I'm not much of a late nighter. Do you guys have any interest in camping up there?

Mike8616

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I might be able to tell you if you share the route you're planning to take. We have Overland bound events in that area about once a year.
I can show you some pretty neat stuff along the way, but I'm not much of a late nighter. Do you guys have any interest in camping up there?
I could Saturday night an atleast be up there for sunday

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Mike8616

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

My rig doesn't have a lift would it be able to do the banks?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I don't mean to hijack your trip, but if you are interested there are some fun side trips along the way. Also, a lot of the front range Overland bound group mainly communicate via telegram now. I could throw the invite out to them and probably pick up a couple more people.

Mike8616

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I don't mean to hijack your trip, but if you are interested there are some fun side trips along the way. Also, a lot of the front range Overland bound group mainly communicate via telegram now. I could throw the invite out to them and probably pick up a couple more people.
No your good. I was just trying to do something this weekend after work sat an be back for work monday

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I've done it three times in my stock Avalanche. There's only one spot that ever gave me any concern and the last time I was there it had been fixed. We've camped along that Loop at least three times too.
I should mention that I have a lot of experience though so your comfort level may vary.

That Loop is probably more than the Subaru would want, but since it's a loop he could park and ride with us if he was up to it. That part's a couple of hours I believe.

The Subaru would have fun going through seep springs OHV area, I bet. I usually take guys through there as well.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
No your good. I was just trying to do something this weekend after work sat an be back for work monday
So what's your full availability? With that, I can make some suggestions. You can let me know what sounds good to you, if anything.

Mike8616

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I've done it three times in my stock Avalanche. There's only one spot that ever gave me any concern and the last time I was there it had been fixed. We've camped along that Loop at least three times too.
I should mention that I have a lot of experience though so your comfort level may vary.

That Loop is probably more than the Subaru would want, but since it's a loop he could park and ride with us if he was up to it. That part's a couple of hours I believe.

The Subaru would have fun going through seep springs OHV area, I bet. I usually take guys through there as well.
I'd be down if your wanted to. I'm still new an couple people I invited bailed but I have committed on going not lol