• HTML tutorial

guitarman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paignton, Devon, England
Member #

Hi Guys and Girls
Newbie from Paignton, Devon I own a 2004 lwb shogun sport 2.5td, lots of ideas how i want to get it trip ready whilst keeping it as my daily driver, any ideas or suggests greatfully recieved, things on my list so far are a snorkel, fox wing awning, roof top tent light bar.

what have you found to be your best upgrade or modification so far?

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Welcome to the forum - Glad you could make it :wink:

I'm sure you'll soon get quite a bit of feedback from others on here about your plans for kitting out your vehicle

Kev

Reactions: guitarman

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Welcome here too! I’m sure you’ll find lots of great info here. For me it was a cross between suspension and tyres. The suspension kit (springs and shocks) transformed the everyday ride and also gave me the option to fit a slightly taller tyre. I chose a better tyre at the same time with more grip and tougher for off road driving. Planning is key... you don’t want to, say, buy new tyres and then suspension and decide you then want taller tyres! Yep, made ‘mistakes’ like that several times!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

guitarman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paignton, Devon, England
Member #

Welcome here too! I’m sure you’ll find lots of great info here. For me it was a cross between suspension and tyres. The suspension kit (springs and shocks) transformed the everyday ride and also gave me the option to fit a slightly taller tyre. I chose a better tyre at the same time with more grip and tougher for off road driving. Planning is key... you don’t want to, say, buy new tyres and then suspension and decide you then want taller tyres! Yep, made ‘mistakes’ like that several times!

thanks Tim, I would go for a lift on mine but aparently the SS eats through the bushes really quick when its been lifted, also the car parks around me were made for hobbits most of them are restricted to 5' 4" and im already at 5'3" with my roof rack

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

thanks Tim, I would go for a lift on mine but aparently the SS eats through the bushes really quick when its been lifted, also the car parks around me were made for hobbits most of them are restricted to 5' 4" and im already at 5'3" with my roof rack
Ah, yeah... I have a bit of an issue with car parks! I’m sure good shocks can still make a difference but probably best get advice from someone on here with a similar vehicle.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Hi and welcome (again :tongueclosed:).
I would suggest keeping close to stock - that way all parts easily available, plus, there's not many outlets for Mits upgrades.
Not sure, but I'd imagine Super Pro do a poly bush kit for the SS (they do for the L200). No need to lift, it'll do just fine std height.
Stay on top of frequent servicing. The SS doesn't seem to suffer the overheating problems some L200s had. But with the 4D56 engine, keep an eye on the temp gauge, any increase, stop. If it gets too hot, it'll almost certainly crack the head (been there, done that 3 times!!!).

guitarman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paignton, Devon, England
Member #

thanks Nick, im in the lucky/unlucky position that a week after i bought it the engine went bang so took it back to the dealer who then put a recon engine in for me which i have now done nearly 4k on so soon be time for an oil change, recently drove from Paignton to north wales and back for a 3 day rock festival and she drove great with 5 of us in even through the welsh mountains, which i will be visiting again as soon as i can so beautiful up there

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I love my new ome suspension and springs...only a very small lift but heavier duty springs for the extra weight. Only fitted a couple of weeks ago and the ride is a lot stiffer and firm. But still forgiving on ruts and bumps...

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk