Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

What's up everyone
I'm Sean I live in Colorado. I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee wk that I'm currently building as a overlanding vehicle. Its currently on a 4inch superlift and 285/70/17 cooper tires on American outlaw wheels. Glad to be apart of the overland bound family

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
What's up everyone
I'm Sean I live in Colorado. I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee wk that I'm currently building as a overlanding vehicle. Its currently on a 4inch superlift and 285/70/17 cooper tires on American outlaw wheels. Glad to be apart of the overland bound family
Hello Sean, welcome to the OB community. Nice pics.

Reactions: The_Great_White_Wk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

What's up everyone
Sean
Welcome to the group.

Boort

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone
Welcome to Overland Bound Sean.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is
@Neal A. Tew
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
What's up everyone
Welcome Sean!

Please stop by this thread to say hello to the locals:

Also, check out upcoming events:

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Hi Sean. I've outfitted the rear of my WK for overlanding if you want some input? I can post you some pics and info.
That would be great. Not sure if I want a drawer system/bed in the back or if I wanna go with a rtt. I'm already top heavy as is being at almost 6 inches of lift

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Yeah I thought the same. I went OME HD to get a good ride when outfitted under GVM. So I struck off drawers and went 40l fridge and two wolf boxes - you can pack the food in the fridge.

I thought of a box over the fridge, but again one purpose weight. So I found a bomber school table with adjustable legs that fits as a shelf and comes out for base camp and road repairs - its strong enough to clamp a hobby vice to if you need to whack off a broken cv.

The Wolf boxes you can stack as a seat/table in base camp or put on the roof for temp boot space.

I leave the rear seats up to maximise space oddly enough, which enables passenger capacity at short notice e.g. picking up a trail bound victim.

Anyone else finding it near impossible to type on the app, too little text space?

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Tried to post pics from the app but nothing. Will try from PC....

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Quick stop empty, all goes back in quickly. Extra 3 seats in there, full tool kits, compressor and hi-lift behind the back seats and fridge, accessed by folding the seats down through the back doors - no digging for gear. Lithium powerpack, electrics box on shelf with fire blanket and firestryker. Full recovery kit down the right side. First aid, 2x helinox cots, 2x helinox swivel chairs and camp shower (seaflo on demand wash down kit - read 'empty your jerry can in 1 minute') down left side. One wolf box has the kitchen including oven, grill plate etc. kitchen utensil pack hanging from the fridge handle here. The hanging stove (MSR Reactor kettle) tucks in the left side for quick access. The magma pan set with dragonfly stove and primus gas stove inside slots on the right with MSR fuel bottle. Second wolf box empty for food, except for freeze dried emergency packs. The table folds and fits on the top shelf with a frontrunner chair and another frontrunner chair slots on top of the wolf boxes under the shelf.

100W solar panel slides in between the boxes and fridge down the middle in protective foam sleeve. The water jerry can fits in behind the wolf boxes. A bivvy loo tops of all your needs. Pop up shelters, privacy tents and bivvy loo exhaust containers strap to the roof rack. Quick effective system and no room for rattles!

Attachments

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Pic of all packed up. Bivvy loo and kitchen utensils on the jerry can. On top of the fridge I have a magnetic tray with magnetic spice tins. Take the tray on and off quickly to slap on the lid or the sides.

Attachments

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Pic of all packed up. Bivvy loo and kitchen utensils on the jerry can. On top of the fridge I have a magnetic tray with magnetic spice tins. Take the tray on and off quickly to slap on the lid or the sides.
That's a pretty awesome setup. Thanks for the information and how your rig is set up definitely gives me some ideas for what I wanna try to accomplish for the rear of the jeep. Nice wh by the way. Another question for you notice you had rear sliders. Are those the extremely rare 4x guard sliders or custom?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
What's up everyone
Welcome to OB!

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks, glad its given some ideas. Yeah they were the last set of sliders from JBA, raptor coated. The rear bumper also raptor coated and colour coded plus laquer. Also JBA CB aerial mount. Wilderness lighting LED scene lights in the bumper.

Also have JBA UCAs and 4xguard sliders.

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Forgot to mention the travall dog/storage guard boot divider. I Also have 6 wilderness lighting rocklights so 2 each side by the rock rails and 2 in the tailgate with a button switch - works really well at night to see round camp without glaring on other campers.

Reactions: Boort and Ubiety

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Thats alot of flex in your rear axle Sean. Nice rig. Have you diconnected the sway bar? Do the UCAs catch the fuel tank? Is that a saguiro front winch bumper? Thanks.

The_Great_White_Wk

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Thats alot of flex in your rear axle Sean. Nice rig. Have you diconnected the sway bar? Do the UCAs catch the fuel tank? Is that a saguiro front winch bumper? Thanks.
I dont run a rear sway bar anymore. I'm also running Core 4x4 adjustable upper and lower rear control arms teir 1 and a teir 3 rear adjustable trac bar. Had to do the gas tank skid notch on drivers side to keep the upper arm from making contact

Attachments

Reactions: PDB