Magee, MS, USA
First Name
Weston
Last Name
Neely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not yet a HAM operator
Hey guys, I’m proud to be here. Bought my first rig about 2 weeks ago, I bought a GX470. I already have my lift ordered, ordering wheels later today (current ones are trashed) and I have 33’s to mount and balance once everything gets here. I have already built my sleeping platform inside for My wife, my 2 1/2 year old son, and myself(just until we buy a rtt). I need to install my drawers below my sleeping platform so I can start packing it out. I’m new to this, any pointers? Gear recommendations? I’m a mechanic and heavy equipment operator by trade, I have the basic recovery equipment because as a mechanic I work on Powerline construction trucks, and their always in mud. I have a stove that I keep in my boat for duck hunting. Any advice would be much appreciated.

westonneely

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Magee, MS, USA
First Name
Weston
Last Name
Neely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not yet a HAM operator
What lift did you go with, and does it include the airbag delete?
I went with the Ironman 4x4 2.5” front with 110-220 constant load springs (ordering a bumper soon) and 2” rear with the airbag delete with constant 660 pound springs (for full-size spare, drawer system, rear bumper, and eventually an rtt). Towing a boat all duck season so I figured the heavy duty springs will do some good. Ironman 4x4 has 25% their suspension lifts right now.

Reactions: Gulfcoastoverland

CaminaRam

Rank I

Contributor III

Meridian, MS, USA
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Hall
Hey brother! I'm new here and from the Meridian area, just got a Ram Rebel and am planning some stuff to get her ready but would love to meet up and explore some time!