Newb from Indiana

• HTML tutorial

goonerfan13

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Wayne Indiana
Member #

Long time reader, first time poster. New to all of this, but looking forward to meeting new people and getting in some more travel time. Unfortunately, northern Indiana is not a hot bed for this sort of thing, so I'm hoping to get in touch with others to find new places or show me existing places in the Ohio and Michigan areas as well. I have started working on my Ford Expedition EL little by little as needed for what we need. It is my daily driver, and being an EL, I have no plans to do any heavy off-roading or mudding. Backroads, stream crosses, minor 4x4ing are my plans for it. I'll post my existing mods and such in the proper forum soon. Thanks everyone

Reactions: Ram12 and Chadlyb

goonerfan13

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Wayne Indiana
Member #

Thanks! I have lots of family in the Southeast Kentucky (Bell County) and North East Tennessee (Claiborne County) areas. So I pass by your area frequently to get there. Lots of old coal mine roads to traverse. Going through bourbon country is awesome!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Long time reader, first time poster. New to all of this, but looking forward to meeting new people and getting in some more travel time. Unfortunately, northern Indiana is not a hot bed for this sort of thing, so I'm hoping to get in touch with others to find new places or show me existing places in the Ohio and Michigan areas as well. I have started working on my Ford Expedition EL little by little as needed for what we need. It is my daily driver, and being an EL, I have no plans to do any heavy off-roading or mudding. Backroads, stream crosses, minor 4x4ing are my plans for it. I'll post my existing mods and such in the proper forum soon. Thanks everyone
Hello and welcome to the OB crew. .looking forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: goonerfan13

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Thanks! I have lots of family in the Southeast Kentucky (Bell County) and North East Tennessee (Claiborne County) areas. So I pass by your area frequently to get there. Lots of old coal mine roads to traverse. Going through bourbon country is awesome!
It's even better when you do the bourbon tour, as you get to stop at each and have taste test. :yum:

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Former hoosier. I lived in Lebanon for a few years, both my brothers are Purdue alumni and stuck around Lafayette for a while. Never made it to your neck of the woods much though. Welcome to the forum. There is some good trails/trips in Upper Michigan, and the Trans Wisconsin Trail that are somewhat regional. A day's drive to the start anyway. There isn't a lot in my area of WI either, so I feel the pain of not being able to get out as much as I'd like.

Reactions: goonerfan13

goonerfan13

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Wayne Indiana
Member #

Former hoosier. I lived in Lebanon for a few years, both my brothers are Purdue alumni and stuck around Lafayette for a while. Never made it to your neck of the woods much though. Welcome to the forum. There is some good trails/trips in Upper Michigan, and the Trans Wisconsin Trail that are somewhat regional. A day's drive to the start anyway. There isn't a lot in my area of WI either, so I feel the pain of not being able to get out as much as I'd like.
Hi there! The area up here is nice, but just nothing trail wise. I see lots of Right-of-Way roads and such throughout Indiana, but we can't use them. Kind of a waste if you ask me. I've only been to Wisconsin once, near Waukesha. Pretty areas up there, I will definitely look into the Trans Wisconsin Trail. Planning on going to Manistee and hitting some of those trails this summer.

Reactions: Ripley1046