Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey everyone I just bought a 2008 Toyota Tacoma trd sport and I know for sure the first thing I want to do is put a 3 inch lift on but I’m having troubles picking one. Can anyone suggest anything? I’m looking for something under $2000 that will drive good on and off road. I’ve been looking at toytech but don’t know much about lifts.IMG_0278.JPG

Reactions: Russell Peters

Wag

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durango
Member #

Hey everyone I just bought a 2008 Toyota Tacoma trd sport and I know for sure the first thing I want to do is put a 3 inch lift on but I’m having troubles picking one. Can anyone suggest anything? I’m looking for something under $2000 that will drive good on and off road. I’ve been looking at toytech but don’t know much about lifts.View attachment 71897
Are you having the lift installed or installing yourself ?

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have always gone with OME ( Old Man Emu) on all my past Toyotas not crazy expensive yet rides good and in my opinion plenty of flex. I always order it through Toytec lifts out of Colorado they ship fast and have great customer service. And what's nice is for an extra $100 you can have them assemble your front struts with new tophats and just bolt them right in.

As for what springs to get depends if you plan on adding bumpers or a winch in the future. You can always call them and see what they recommend for your truck with what you are planning down the road.

BcYeti2503

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
Member #

Most aftermarket shocks will ride better for longer due to better valving for Offroad and slightly higher capacity. The first thing i would address is final goal for tire size and if your going to carry any weight or tow make sure you replace the rear leafs right away.
The ome set works great. If you feel like you enjoy faster travel then most a Bilstein 6112 front and reservoir 5100s out back work great.
Had i wanted to run 35-37"" tires it wanted lots of breakover angle a 6" bracket lift with the fox shocks is available but currently a bit more then your budget.