Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Hi, Spring Lake here. Views along Old Hwy 105 really are beautiful. Plenty of nice hiking and sight seeing in that area too. Linville Falls is a definite must see.

Reactions: DWL and Big E

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Anyone going to the 2nd annual overland objective kickoff rally Mar 27-29 in Cosby, TN?
Just looked at their web site; does not look full size friendly (Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2WD), probably not 2wd friendly either. Looks like it would be fun though.

Thatsilver100

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Lankford
Member #

Nice Looking Rig. I'm outside of WS, in Yadkin. Any trips planned for this year?
Currently trying to plan something out for Ivestor Gap, Hurricane Creek, part of the TAT, and would love to go hit the Georgia traverse. I would also love to do some beach camping this summer as well.

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Nice Looking Rig. I'm outside of WS, in Yadkin. Any trips planned for this year?
Currently trying to plan something out for Ivestor Gap, Hurricane Creek, part of the TAT, and would love to go hit the Georgia traverse. I would also love to do some beach camping this summer as well.
Hurricane Creek is great, I have a thread posted on that with GAIA maps attached. Also have, hopefully still, a trip to Cape Lookout in May. Definitely check that out this year as well.
I would love to do the Georgia Traverse also.
Sounds like you'll have a great Summer either way. Happy Trails to you!

Reactions: Thatsilver100

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

Hi, Spring Lake here. Views along Old Hwy 105 really are beautiful. Plenty of nice hiking and sight seeing in that area too. Linville Falls is a definite must see.
Relic,
Do you go camping out there or is it easy enough to go out and back in one day from Spring Lake? I have an 8 month old and I am not sure if I'm ready for camping with him yet.

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Relic,
Do you go camping out there or is it easy enough to go out and back in one day from Spring Lake? I have an 8 month old and I am not sure if I'm ready for camping with him yet.
I did camp when I went out there; I was there for Halloween plus a couple of nights, I hiked up to see Linville Falls, then continued my trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway. I think it was about 4 hours to get there from Spring Lake; maybe a little less. From what I have heard very recently though they have closed that area to any camping for the time being.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Relic,
Honestly you can almost stay in Boone and hit that, the ride up the parkway from boone is a nice drive.

yacksonk

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Leicester, NC, USA
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Chastain
Member #

Looking at going to hurricane creek with a buddy of mine.
I read something a while back that it was closed to the public now. And that rangers were patrolling it. Im not to sure how true that is though. Have you heard about that? I’ve always wanted to ride that trail though. I’m definitely interested in the going with y’all. If we are able to actually ride the trail.

Thatsilver100

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Lankford
Member #

I read something a while back that it was closed to the public now. And that rangers were patrolling it. Im not to sure how true that is though. Have you heard about that? I’ve always wanted to ride that trail though. I’m definitely interested in the going with y’all. If we are able to actually ride the trail.
They went this weekend and it was open and got to ride it. Trail has definitely been redone and is not near as challenging as it used to be. He said there was quite a bit of traffic on it and they didn't have any issues with rangers.