Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Philpott
Member #

Charlotte. I’m looking to do some day trips in the coming months. I’m new to all of this. Never been to Hurricane Creek, heard it’s great, also heard that Forestry Service is cracking down in traffic in the route.

Reactions: Ran4 and Big E

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

I’m in Greensboro..I did Hurricane Creek last year, second time. First time was fantastic, second time started out well, but the turn we needed was closed, so we kept going and ended up in a very technical area about as wide as the Jeep, was a pucker moment for sure. You should go, it’s quite nice. We finished up with a climb to the top of Max Patch Bald.

yacksonk

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Leicester, NC, USA
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Chastain
Member #

I’m in Greensboro..I did Hurricane Creek last year, second time. First time was fantastic, second time started out well, but the turn we needed was closed, so we kept going and ended up in a very technical area about as wide as the Jeep, was a pucker moment for sure. You should go, it’s quite nice. We finished up with a climb to the top of Max Patch Bald.
I heard they have closed it and rangers have been out there giving tickets.

yacksonk

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Leicester, NC, USA
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Chastain
Member #

I went and did NC 105 yesterday and today. We arrived around dust yesterday as we started up the trail we came around heavy fog only could see 15ft in front of us. Waking up this morning to the beautiful view was amazing. My best friend and I have never been there before and we were mind blown. Such a great time.IMG_2681.JPGIMG_2684.JPGIMG_2687.JPGIMG_2688.JPGIMG_2690.JPGIMG_2694.JPG