New to the forum from NW GA

• HTML tutorial

DirtySouth

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings ladies and gents. I just joined so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tommy and I call NW GA home. Although I am new to the forum, I've been around on some others (ADV, Expo, Esee), using the same screen name. I have primarily done my travels on two wheels but gave that up after my last trip, which was out to Big Bend last Feb.

I am in the process of figuring out some things I want to do with my 4th Gen 4Runner, to turn it into a dedicated adventure/overland rig. I already have a RTT that is on my Frontier that I use for camping now, but I will transfer it to the 4runner once I have a rack. I, or I should say we (wife and I), also have a 200 series Land Cruiser that she drives. I am in the process of planning a trip this summer that I hope will be two weeks total, depending on vacation approval, so I may be hitting you guys up for some ideas!

Anyways, maybe a little long winded but I wanted to give a proper intro. I'll be seeing you guys around if you'll have me.

Dirty

Reactions: Pindal and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings ladies and gents. I just joined so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tommy and I call NW GA home. Although I am new to the forum, I've been around on some others (ADV, Expo, Esee), using the same screen name. I have primarily done my travels on two wheels but gave that up after my last trip, which was out to Big Bend last Feb.

I am in the process of figuring out some things I want to do with my 4th Gen 4Runner, to turn it into a dedicated adventure/overland rig. I already have a RTT that is on my Frontier that I use for camping now, but I will transfer it to the 4runner once I have a rack. I, or I should say we (wife and I), also have a 200 series Land Cruiser that she drives. I am in the process of planning a trip this summer that I hope will be two weeks total, depending on vacation approval, so I may be hitting you guys up for some ideas!

Anyways, maybe a little long winded but I wanted to give a proper intro. I'll be seeing you guys around if you'll have me.

Dirty
Hello Tommy and welcome to the OB crew...great vehicle for your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: DirtySouth

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Dirty
Welcome Dirty! There are a lot of spots in Georgia I have been kicking myself for not checking out yet, especially since I'm so close to the SC/GA border.
Providence Canyon aka "The Little Grand Canyon"
The Fort Mountain mystery
The weird and wonderful Georgia Guidestones
The Track Rock petroglyphs
The Etowah Indian Mounds
The Rock Eagle Effigy Mound and it's sister the Rock Hawk Effigy Mound

My old man is a history buff, especially archaeological mystery stuff. I guess it rubbed off.

Not to mention the Georgia Traverse in general

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Welcome Dirty! There are a lot of spots in Georgia I have been kicking myself for not checking out yet, especially since I'm so close to the SC/GA border.
Providence Canyon aka "The Little Grand Canyon"
The Fort Mountain mystery
The weird and wonderful Georgia Guidestones
The Track Rock petroglyphs
The Etowah Indian Mounds
The Rock Eagle Effigy Mound and it's sister the Rock Hawk Effigy Mound

My old man is a history buff, especially archaeological mystery stuff. I guess it rubbed off.

Not to mention the Georgia Traverse in general
I didnt know about any of those and i lived on the GA/SC almost my entire life. Going to have to add a few of those into my trip to GA this summer. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Sasquatch SC